• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Willie O'Dea on Marian Finucane Saturday 25/09/10

the_rebubblican

How does Willie do it? Just after hearing the news on Radio 1 Finucane inrtroduced O'Dea as a guest on her interview slot. Choice quote..."Life's a bitch and my bitch just had pups" in relation to the trouble visited upon him. Dear me.... Another one "the punishment exceeded the crime..."

How poor is RTE's producer's that they have to foist this discredited politician on the licence paying Irish public again? Was the Late Late Show not enough of an O'Dea parade of ? What more waffle, "schpin" and self obsessed vicitmhood can he prostitute upon us?

This man is like a rash on the media landscape. RTE are heading for a backlash on this.

Can anyone tell me why he is everywhere all of a sudden? What does he hold over the Indo and RTE that make this dope newsworthy?

hellsbells

Describes his problems , as a result of robust exchanges, sweet jesus get this clown off the airwaves.

johnfás

He just compared himself to Winston Churchill.

RTÉ should be ashamed of themselves giving this geezer so much airtime.

Tony Soprano

leave him on!!! An eejit of the highest degree, who damages Fianna Fail everytime he opens his mouth!

FakeViking

The email address for responses is complaints@rte.ie

It is not RTE's duty to allow gobsh1tes like this try to rehabiliate themselves on the National airwaves, paid for by licence fee.

Tomas Mor

I cant believe my ears. And Marion 570,000. 00 a year gives him another platform. So soon after LLS. What is this country coming to. Labour and FG should make an election promise to do something about RTE. The dogs in the street are talking about it.

Sync

Can anyone tell me why he is everywhere all of a sudden? What does he hold over the Indo and RTE that make this dope newsworthy?
He's the second most popular TD in the country and was involved in one of the major news stories of the year, and is now being openly critical of the government both on policy and makeup. You often hear radio shows saying that they offered TDs chances to speak and were turned down. We all complain then. Now a politician is always responding to questions and people still aren't happy. He's not at fault here, and RTE aren't at fault for having him on. RTE and the individual presenters are at fault for not being more aggressive in their questioning.

Last edited:

hellsbells

Just said the governments banking plan is not working. This is like fair city.

hellsbells

His next quote ."you depend on people to tell the truth " sweet Jesus on the cross is this idiot for real .

Tomas Mor

soon it will appear the little donkey never sat around the cabinet table during crucial decisions.

barrym

RTE rolls pver - again!!

Willy on Marian F - WTF.... he's done the LLS and now we have to listen to the same ould sh1te....

Even to the extent of Marain quoting Sutherland as giving advice....

OMG, is there no limit to RTE's willingness to do the bidding of FF??

Tomas Mor

Its shameful, there is another thread on this.And Marion of 570 grand a year facilitates all this.

FakeViking

I know she's trying to give him enough rope for him to hang himself, but this is ridiculous!

lonemother

This is hilarious, deluded stuff by WOD!
Scrap Saturday is back!

Sync

/MOD/ Merging this with the the thread an adult already started. /MOD/

FakeViking

That "joke" was pretty lame, Diddly. Would you like to tell us how much taxpayer's money you wasted on your consituency office staff?

DCon

soon it will appear the little donkey never sat around the cabinet table during crucial decisions.
He laid the groundwork for his "I opposed everything during the Bertie era" speech with his talk about Collective Cabinet Responsibility on the Late Late.

Sync

You can see what the presenter's doing actually. The trial is dead and buried. WOD is going to be re-elected next term. So what do you give airtime to? A matter that's already been closed, or the second most popular TD in the country openly questioning the economic actions of his own party and the behaviour of the Greens. It's a far more relevant story to today.

FakeViking

He thinks that Biffo: "should ahh should err should ammm try to ahhh errr try to aahhh improve his communication skills."

Groucho Marx could at least deliver his lines.