• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Willie O'Dea takes on the Satanists

williewatch

It seems Willie O'Dea has his sights firmly set on the Universal Church of Satan.

Apparently he is resolutely opposed to groups like this being authorised to solemnise marriages.

The O'Dea attack came during debate on an amendment to the 2004 Civil Registration Act, the bill passed in the Dail last week.

Has O'Dea discovered that there are votes to be had from anti Satanists while hanging around outside churches, funerals etc?

Willie O'Dea down on Satanist marriages

BTW Humanists will be relieved to know that O'Dea has now given them his permission to process with their weddings and funerals in the course of his rather patronizing contribution to the Dail debate.

I don't seem to recall Satanists ever being a problem here in Limerick, where as during the Fianna Fail misrule of the Irish economy..........

Last edited:

B

birthday

It seems Willie O'Dea has his sights firmly set on the Universal Church of Satan.

Apparently he is resolutely opposed to groups like this being authorised to solemnise marriages.

The O'Dea attack came during debate on an amendment to the 2004 Civil Registration Act, the bill passed in the Dail last week.

Has O'Dea discovered that there are votes to be had from anti Satanists while hanging around outside churches, funerals etc?

BTW Humanists will be relieved to know that O'Dea has now given them his permission to process with their weddings and funerals in the course of his rather patronizing contribution to the Dail debate.

I don't seem to recall Satanists ever being a problem here in Limerick, where as during the Fianna Fail misrule of the Irish economy..........
Not sure what is in it for Willie and the anti-satanist vote but I enjoyed Rosenstock's sketch last week with the 'Caravan of Love' sketch in the Dail!
I am sure Willie and his voters enjoyed it also!

PlanetBertie

I thought Fianna Fail were the Universal Church of Satan. Apologies to the Universal Church of Satan for me associating them with the the disgraced, evil, Bertie-worshipping FF.

Boy M5

So we are spared the prospect of Tom Cruise getting married for the 4 th time in Adare Manor.

O'Dea is also against the Scientologists.

LamportsEdge

I'd say O'Dea, like many a low-powered Fianna Fail creature, is against anything his Mammy doesn't recognise.

Catalpast

For once Willy makes a valid point

- why can't they do what happens in a lot of countries now

- you have a separate Civil ceremony

- and after that you can have one where your marriage is blessed by people whose beliefs you share

While marriages are supposed to be made in Heaven

- will we now have a situation

- where they are hatched in Hell?:evil:

Last edited:

LamportsEdge

Anyone who thinks marriages are made in heaven clearly must be single.

Nemesiscorporation

What is he on?

mr. jings

Yep, do sod all for Limerick whilst in the cabinet almost a decade and a half, but bang on about Satanism now the whole country is banjaxed. It's still the Christmas hols, so I'll just make do and call him a smirking perjuring politicial troll, who can't quite get his head around why his lot got a big non serviam from the people.

On another point, I love this bit: “I have never attended a humanist wedding but I recently attended a humanist funeral in Limerick." Willie attending a funeral in Limerick? Get away!

Last edited:

baalthor

@catalpst:
The Catholic Church would be opposed as it would imply their marriages are not valid without state approval. Whereas with the current system, the state recognises the Catholic ceremony as a valid marriage.

mr. jings

In fairness to O'Dea he is not on the religious wing of Fianna Fail
I suppose he does play fast and loose with the whole bearing false witness against thy neighbour stuff. The guy has no shame. Whatsoever.

Kev408

Careful now, lads. The last thing anyone wants to do is say something bad about another politician. Although maybe we can, then swear under oath we didn't and then say "oh yeh, we did."

mr. jings

Careful now, lads. The last thing anyone wants to do is say something bad about another politician. Although maybe we can, then swear under oath we didn't and then say "oh yeh, we did."
We should probably get a journo to tape all this, just to be sure.

LamportsEdge

In fairness to O'Dea he is not on the religious wing of Fianna Fail
Would he be on the chicken-wing of Fianna Fail?:)

O'Dea is a clown of the crossroads dancing variety and exhibits all the habits of that Fianna Fail animal- an ability to turn up at funerals and hospitals at neither of which is actually required or welcome, an ability to describe a new threat to society that only Willie can see (in this case 'Satanism').

If it is humunculous leprechauns he is worried about he should look in the mirror. There's enough satanic lying little imp there with a penchant for cross-roads dancing to keep him happy in that reflection.

No-one has ever accused Willie O'Dea of a surfeit of morality- why he should launch himself as a crusader for such is a mystery explainable only by his attempt to describe an issue for himself on which he cannot be opposed.

It is said that senior politicians like to have a threat from abroad to keep the voters concentrated on not realising what a sham they are- and Willie has decided that Limerick should be infested with Satanists from which only Willie can save Limerick. He is a contemptible little clown at the crossroads.

It is only a pity that Ned O'Keefe made the threat of a takeover by the army his main worry and no doubt Neddie is still positioned in the barn in Rathcormack with his rifle anxiously watching the skies for the Air Corp attack imminent- that took Willie's best chance of a worrying enemy from within to describe and poor Willie now is left with a Halloween mask to fear...

TiredOfBeingTired

Willie doesnt have a good record against the Dark Side.
His encounters with the Brothel Keepers of Limerick was a disaster.

Plenty of Material for The Rubberbandits or a resurrected Father Ted.

LamportsEdge

I couldn't care less if Willie O'Dea strapped dynamite to his moustache and made a run at Tipperary while lighting in the fuse.

In fact there is a case for getting him to do it for 'The Gathering' and thereby raising the morale of the nation in one big bang.

In his case there should be a local authority grant. It would be the closest thing Limerick has seen to regeneration since he slimed across the political firmament.

Catalpast

@catalpst:
The Catholic Church would be opposed as it would imply their marriages are not valid without state approval. Whereas with the current system, the state recognises the Catholic ceremony as a valid marriage.
Same difference really

- it probably saves the State money by letting them do it themselves

What is now being brought in will be a free for all

- the Law of unintended consequences strikes again...:roll:

Sure even Willy O'Dea can see where this one could lead to....

Popular Threads

Most Replies