Winter Solstice at Newgrange to be streamed live

making waves

Felt that this warranted a thread - the lighting of the inner chamber at Newgrange by the rising sun on the winter solstice is to be live streamed online.

Newgrange is a remarkable piece of Neolithic architecture and engineering with the light box over the entrance lining up perfectly with the winter solstice to allow the inner chamber of the passage tomb to be light up once a year. This year more than 32,000 people applied for tickets to attend the event. Now people from all over the world will get an opportunity to witness the event online.

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2017/1220/928801-newgrange-live-stream/

petaljam

Thanks for that, I'll definitely watch that.
I just hope it's not too cloudy this year!

jmcc

Still works after all these years and the happy-clappies still waffle. :)

constitutionus

Watching now.

Moment is in about 10 min till 9.15. Looking Dicy though thanks ta clouds but fingers crossed.

jmcc

Seems to be waffling worthy of a P.ie thread.

Trainwreck

I don't get this Newgrange solstice malarkey.

They literally constructed (don't give me this "restored" bullshít) a passage to align with the solstice dawn. Then proclaim "look how clever our forefathers [yeah, I'm a misogynist. Bite me] were".

It is like our own little Disneyland, built with taxpayers' money. But only 10 people a year get to go. 8 of which are politicians.

Killerbank

"Live Streaming" ? Not really

This so called "live streaming" is a fraud!
Whether through the Irish Independent link or the Ireland East website you do not get live streaming. The on-screen "countdown" does not lead to the solstice but a long promotional video and a very long stream of Irish language verbiage from some woman in a knitted hat who goes on to to interview people at the Newgrange site....

Trainwreck

This so called "live streaming" is a fraud!
Whether through the Irish Independent link or the Ireland East website you do not get live streaming. The on-screen "countdown" does not lead to the solstice but a long promotional video and a very long stream of Irish language verbiage from some woman in a knitted hat who goes on to to interview people at the Newgrange site....

Mwahahahahaha...!

FunkyBoogaloo

RTE; Public service broadcasting. Investing your hard earned money in filming a sunrise, live. No doubt a pretty penny will also be spent on hosting this most unusual of events.

:)

jmcc

RTE; Public service broadcasting. Investing your hard earned money in filming a sunrise, live. No doubt a pretty penny will also be spent on hosting this most unusual of events.

RTE f*cked up the Millenium Solstice at Newgrange. Great day sunny day with perfect condidtions and the gobshíte f*cktard pondscum intellected chickenheads cut away from the chamber as the sunlight entered the chamber to talk to some w*anker outside.

The_SR

You do know RTE aren't involved....

FunkyBoogaloo

RTE f*cked up the Millenium Solstice at Newgrange. Great day sunny day with perfect condidtions and the gobshíte f*cktard pondscum intellected chickenheads cut away from the chamber as the sunlight entered the chamber to talk to some w*anker outside.
Can't say I remember that but not surprised if true.

constitutionus

You do know RTE aren't involved....
In fairness with all the young girls she's talking to that's probably for the best!

O'Quisling

I don't get this Newgrange solstice malarkey.

They literally constructed (don't give me this "restored" bullshít) a passage to align with the solstice dawn. Then proclaim "look how clever our forefathers [yeah, I'm a misogynist. Bite me] were".

It is like our own little Disneyland, built with taxpayers' money. But only 10 people a year get to go. 8 of which are politicians.
Yea the Irish archaeologists successfully managed to hoodwink UNESCO.

Leave off Alex Jones pooh for a week and please read something educational.

What I see from you consistently is what is called hot air.

Trainwreck

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies