• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Winter Vitamin D supplements for ALL-recommended today

Morgellons

A lack of vitamin D is believed to be a cause of depression, so maybe this isn't a bad idea.

Orbit v2

It's interesting that it appears to contradict (what I always thought was) ludicrously conservative advice on sun exposure.

"When you go out, you do need to have short bursts without sunscreen and make sure that you don't get sunburnt," he said.

Mad as Fish

Vitamin and mineral supplements are generally po poo'ed by big pharma, no doubt because they too realise the value of them and how they may undermine their market. In fact I think there was a move a few years ago by the industry to have all such preparations undergo the same process as new drugs have to go through before they are allowed on sale. Amazingly common sense prevailed and the cynical ploy was defeated.

Vitamin D supplements in patients with Sarcoidosis is not recommended at all

Can I take vitamins and supplements?
You should avoid taking vitamin D, as this vitamin is produced in excess by sarcoid granulomas.
(I can't post links)

SideysGhost

Since moving here, where even in the depths of winter (like right now) you will still get 3-4 bright sunny days a week and the summer can last from December to April bright and sunny most days, I genuinely think half the population of Ireland is suffering from SAD.

I remember one year in Galway where it was endlessly grey and miserable, remember driving to work one day and the local radio station reporting we hadn't seen the sun in months. Everyone was short-tempered and miserable.

Might explain the general malaise of fatalistic apathy. And the rampant psychoses on display here on p.ie :p

Mad as Fish

Since moving here, where even in the depths of winter (like right now) you will still get 3-4 bright sunny days a week and the summer can last from December to April bright and sunny most days, I genuinely think half the population of Ireland is suffering from SAD.

I remember one year in Galway where it was endlessly grey and miserable, remember driving to work one day and the local radio station reporting we hadn't seen the sun in months. Everyone was short-tempered and miserable.

Might explain the general malaise of fatalistic apathy. And the rampant psychoses on display here on p.ie :p
And also why FG have (had) to source many of their shills from outside of the country, except Mallet of course, but he's probably on something stronger than Vit D.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
I take vitamin D supplements and I live in the sunny country. Most Aussies have Vit D deficiency too.

Rural

This was known long ago, all parents used to give their children Cod Liver Oil every morning.

Sister Mercedes

Montrose and the rest of the media will poo poo this with pharma corporate spin, because the big companies can't make money from a vitamin they can't patent.

PBP voter

Always amazes me how people spend so much on coffee and so little on vitamins.
Most of it's not even good coffee.

Watery rubbish is all you get from the big chains.

Roberto Jordan

100%
It is a depressing climate and this must have an impact on mindset. In particular as the modern Irish lifestyle, built environment and clothing is modelled after places with better weather ( US, southern Uk, Europe,Aus/NZ).

if we took a little more account of grey wet skies in how contry is built operated and lived in I do believe it woudl imrpove things.

Mad as Fish

Most of it's not even good coffee.

Watery rubbish is all you get from the big chains.
Try the Canadian stuff, you have to check in the cup to make sure it actually has a colour.

Voluntary

Sun is free and everyone should be exposed to sun every day to stay healthy. Too much sun may cause cancer but so can suncreams with filters.

Also you can get your blood tested for VIT D deficiencies, I would reccommend to anyone who's spending most of days indoor.

flavirostris

Do light-skinned people absorb Vitamin D more easily than dark-skinned people? Light-skinned people will get burnt more easily, so I'm just wondering if that means vitamin D will be absorbed more readily.

Sister Mercedes

100%
It is a depressing climate and this must have an impact on mindset. In particular as the modern Irish lifestyle, built environment and clothing is modelled after places with better weather ( US, southern Uk, Europe,Aus/NZ).

if we took a little more account of grey wet skies in how contry is built operated and lived in I do believe it woudl imrpove things.
Totally agree. No wonder we have such a fat population when kids football matches are cancelled week after week because of waterlogged pitches. A bit less spending on PS lump sums and foreign conferences and a bit more investment in all weather sports facilities.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies