Workers Forced to Carry Religious Cross Badge in order to Work

TomBreen

The Field Marshal

You've answered your own remark very effectively.
I made a comment on the divinity of Christ.
That you see it as an answer, which it was,nt, is acceptable.

TomBreen

Journal.ie polling, the most middle of all Irish roads, returned 81% against a papal visit.

'Cause they're a bunch of aul' lads that told us sex was bad, and to be ashamed of our bodies, while f**king/flogging generations of children and covering it up, maybe?
You have a link?
I would like to see the methodology.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Wonder what would happen if Hindus, Buddhists and Jains decided to have a World Meeting of Families in Ireland.

The common symbol they recognise (and I have seen it on the doors to their houses) represents prosperity, the sun, and good luck.

In Europe it is more commonly known as the 'swastika'. I'm betting there wouldn't be any swastikas allowed on key worker permits for THAT shindig....

edg

I imagine so.

But what it really shows is that there is a huge lack of a)diversity and b) awareness of diversity issues in whatever department made the decision on issuing these passes. I suspect it's a problem affecting most of the country's civil service... which is perhaps a bigger problem.

While the vast majority of the country is white, Irish and Catholic (at least to some degree) most of us are notionally aware of other religions and cultures, at least enough not to be disrespectful of them, and decent enough to be apologetic if we unintentionally are.

The civil service should be held to a higher standard and more aware of these issues, particularly, as the OP indicates, in an area of work which is hugely diverse.
There are black and Asian Catholics too. Did you think only white people are Catholics?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I wouldn't ascribe malignancy to someone on a public contract where the answer is more likely that the committee who designed the card are as thick as pigsh1t in a bottle.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Anyone forced to carry one of these permits will be excused interrogation when we start rounding up the remaining nuts and putting them into the JesusCamps.

'Shussup and get on ze truck'.

Expose the lot of them

There is a market for it, whether you secularists want to acknowledge this or not is irrelevant. It's perhaps the biggest event to take place in this country in a very long time.

The majority want it here ,Ireland is a christian country deal with it.

You wouldn't be making a thread about this if it was someone Muslim event, oh no that would "Islamophobic", but the RCC is fair game for mockery and disrespect.
Go back and read my post, and the post I replied to.

"The majority want it here", indeed, very poor turnout at the RDS today, I have seen higher numbers attending the knitting and handicrafts exhibition.

As for the rest of your nonsense, I object to having my life disrupted, and my taxes wasted, on the visit of a foreign head of state who has colluded with others to cover up the abuse of children in this State. I cannot think of an equivalent "muslim" event but would be equally disgruntled if it disrupted my hard earned weekend in the way that this dog and pony show will.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
They should have had a picture of Nurse Noel on the card. He at least had the courtesy to suffer for their sins.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Go back and read my post, and the post I replied to.

"The majority want it here", indeed, very poor turnout at the RDS today, I have seen higher numbers attending the knitting and handicrafts exhibition.

As for the rest of your nonsense, I object to having my life disrupted, and my taxes wasted, on the visit of a foreign head of state who has colluded with others to cover up the abuse of children in this State. I cannot think of an equivalent "muslim" event but would be equally disgruntled if it disrupted my hard earned weekend in the way that this dog and pony show will.
Was Frankie the Hat in town today, then? I thought he was coming in on the weekend. Maybe the flights were cheaper.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies