• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Worship to warship: Vatican banker to launch Church Militant blue water Navy

He3

Head of Vatican Bank also chairman of warship company | Irish Examiner

Centuries after the loss of its Mediterranean fleet, the landlocked Vatican makes its move to develop a blue water navy.

In his last appointment before sailing into the sunset the Pope has got his man, a great helmsman to navigate the next fisher of men from the banks of the Tiber through murky uncharted waters.

From its base at the home of the world's oldest yacht club, the Examiner has the inside story.

'The Vatican announced to great fanfare that Pope Benedict XVI had signed off on one of the last major appointments of his papacy, approving Ernst von Freyberg as president of the Vatican’s bank, officially known as the Institute for Religious Works.

The Vatican spokesman was caught off-guard, though, when a journalist noted that the German shipbuilder von Freyberg chairs, Blohm + Voss, is known for its construction of military ships.'

Last edited:

Dr Pat

I think the article is a bit more nuanced than what is set out in the OP when one reads it. von Freyberg's involvement appears rather limited at least from the content of the article to which you refer.

Analyzer

I wonder are Donkeylaffs, and Waffler telling them that they need to join NATO.....

He3

Meanwhile insiders expect the new Vatican aerial wing to be piloted by Austrian cleric Max Jung.

Ernst & Jung would have to keep the city State's finances on an even keel.

Analyzer

Meanwhile insiders expect the new Vatican aerial wing to be piloted by Austrian cleric Max Jung.

Ernst & Jung would have to keep the city State's finances on an even keel.
Ah yes...this reminds me of those loans of Seanie Fitz....

He3

I wonder will the seamen be sacred?
No but the Commanding Officers have been instructed that in case of contact with the enemy, no seaman is to be left behind.

Cruimh

I think the article is a bit more nuanced than what is set out in the OP when one reads it. von Freyberg's involvement appears rather limited at least from the content of the article to which you refer.
Linking to the military is a minor change of tack compared to the Vatican becoming involved in Banking.
But Church teaching never changes ;)

He3

von Freyburg is one Hamburger who is all beef, according to tomorrow's headline in L'Osservatore Romano.

ruserious

In a sophisticated method to launder more money, the Vatican will be sending hard cash to a new Destroyer to hide all evidence.

He3

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies