Worst Government and Worst Taoiseach Ever - Dermot Ferriter

breakingnews

Dermot Ferriter has just called this government the worst ever and Brian Cowen, the worst Taoiseach ever, on the Saturday View.

Brendan Smith on the programme with the usually waffle.

Johnny

Dermot Ferriter has just called this government the worst ever and Brian Cowen, the worst Taoiseach ever, on the Saturday View.

Yeah, he called them out straight as "liars" aswell. Great stuff.

bokuden

Ferriter's been very articulate over the past few days. You can hear the emotion in his voice. His response to Smith's bullsh1t : "This could be Scrap Saturday.":)

Sancho

Ferriter is forgetting Cowan's predecessor: the sleaziest gombeen this country has ever produced.

mothball

How come Bertie gets off so lightly? Surely, he was the worst Taoiseach. It's a toss up between Cowen and Lenihan for worst MoF.
EDIT: I forgot about McCreevy.

turdsl

I cannot believe it,they are still lying, The next thing they will tell us the IMF guys we saw on our TVs was just a mirage, we are just stupid. save Fianna Fail and to hell with the country. thats all that matter. As far as i see we all are now depending on P Doherty to get elected, this government has to be brought to an
end fast.

Last edited:

Johnny

Smith is Agriculture Minister. What is doing on the programme.
This has always been standard (IM)FF strategy. When they are in trouble, they send a poor, auld harmless slob onto the media to mop up for them. An amadán with big puppy-dog eyes like Carey, Ó Cuív, Martin or in this case Smith who people will say "Ah sure Jaysus, he's not the worst", and women around the country would love to take home for a good dinner and comb his hair, God look on the poor Divil.....

AIn't working anymore, lads.

BURN IN HELL, (IM)FF!!

TradCat

Historians will argue about who was the worst Taoiseach ever. But what will not be in dispute is the names of the two candidates. Ahern's defenders will point to the peace process but Albert Reynolds made the hard yards on that one.

I'd give it to Ahern but then Cowen isn't finished yet.

RahenyFG

Interesting that a Fianna Failer like Ferriter can admit to that.

Limestone

I reckon they may well be the 2nd worst govt and T ever after the last incumbents but we'll know better in time. As a historian Ferriter should know better than to make such a statement at this stage, despite it's potential truth.

Raketemensch

Ferriter is forgetting Cowan's predecessor: the sleaziest gombeen this country has ever produced.
That's because a frightening number of people think that Bertie created wealth rather than just borrowed it, they blame Cowen but do not connect Bertie to the current mess. I'm not sure what it will take to make the Irish politically aware, probably horror we can't comprehend. Yet.

RedSperanza

The worst Taoiseach was Haughey. He was the one who turned government into an open sewer. Ahern and co. were just the sewage that slimed through it.

It's almost pointless listing them, though. The entire political culture is rotten, and has been for years. Every Fianna Fail government of my lifetime has been mired in scandal, and yet people voted for them time and time again. We now see the consequences of this.

Corruption in government, and the whole sordid world of crony capitalism and gombeen politics between ministers, bankers and developers, are not just abstract ethical issues. This stuff has real world consequences, as our children and grandchildren will come to know all too well.

oggy

Ferriter is a supporter of the Labour Party. The Labour Party will be 100 years old in 2012 and that party has absolutely nothing to show for its existence. Ferriter is ferreting out support for a party ingrained in failure

Tomas Mor

smith is doing a Dermot Ahern/ Pee Flynn.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies