• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Worst prediction on Politics.ie

realistic1

We have all seen some crazy predictions on Politics.ie and plenty by myself :) Would be interesting to see who else made bad predictions. I will kick things off, I predicted that George Lee would become leader of Fine Gael. Anyone else want to own up to their bad predictions???

Little_Korean

Éamon Ó Cuív defecting to lead SF as if (1) SF was just going to give him the top seat (2) he'd ever leave the party he'd effectively grown up in.

D

Dylan2010

pull up that property thread from ~07 , a wonderful example of hubris and group think

B

Boggle

I thought Reilly would have been a good minister for health... not sure if it's the worst prediction ever but there is time yet.

Edo

Good ole 2 seats (Keith M) must be somewhere in the running there..............

bob3367

Anything predicted and posted from zerohedge, and its loyal set of doomsayers here, is usually wrong, which makes me smile.

Thats all I can offer as I dont predict myself....except for weather.

Anybody who thinks that we will have a white Christmas would be advised to get your bet down now....next week will be too late, as I predict the first significant snowfall of the winter....

Eoin Coir

surely John Drennan Sindo idiot, that Adams would not win seat in Louth in GE !

statsman

We have all seen some crazy predictions on Politics.ie and plenty by myself :) Would be interesting to see who else made bad predictions. I will kick things off, I predicted that George Lee would become leader of Fine Gael. Anyone else want to own up to their bad predictions???
pull up that property thread from ~07 , a wonderful example of hubris and group think
We have a winner.
Good ole 2 seats (Keith M) must be somewhere in the running there..............
I almost predicted that this thread would stay on topic.

Wrong again. petunia

shoneen

I predicted a resurgence in support for FF and Mckey Martin would become the most popular party leader.

Of course I now realise that could never happen given the intelligence and insightfulness of the Irish people.

... can't believe I placed such little faith in the electorate ..... my bad.

wombat

Not so much a prediction as a belief - I thought Gay Mitchell would be President:lol:

NewGoldDream

Website
-
One need not go back years. From March 2012...

I suspect O Cuiv is setting himself up to lead a breakaway party - a kind of new FF. He realises the current FF is in reality finished. It was already massively weak but the tribunal has effectively killed it off.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Popular Threads

Most Replies