Worst Street In Ireland

Northsideman

What in your view is the worst street in Ireland? I would nominate Dorset Street Dublin. Most from outside Dublin will know it as being near Croke Park and on the main drag into the City from the Airport and the North. It is a street I was born near and walked through daily during my childhood years. Back in the day it was a clean, safe and bustling business street with good pubs, grocer and fruit and veg shops, butchers, chemists and many other businesses which served to local folk. Now it is a filthy place dominated by fast food joints, thinly veiled knocking shops, crappy pubs (with a few remaining notable exceptions) and shop fronts which look third world. It's no longer a nice neighbourhood street and doesn't feel like a safe location day or night. It's not the only such street in Dublin or other towns but for me it's the worst.

So which street would you nominate as the worst in Ireland and why?

flavirostris

Not crazy on O'Connell St. Best street - Thomas Street.

flavirostris

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
William street in Limerick has gone downhill over the years...:-(

Brenny

Aylesbury Road dublin

Northsideman

William street in Limerick has gone downhill over the years...:-(
And as with Dorset St. there was most likely nothing done about it. It's a shame when main streets in a City or Town are left to go to rack and ruin.

Accidental sock

Seems the OP and I must have chewed some of the same dirt growing up, and yeah, time has not been kind to Dorset St., but the South Quays in Dublin are really unpleasant to walk down....day or night.

Northsideman

Northsideman

Brenny

As long as you duck the bullets.
Nah, no bullets just loads of fat ones in their pyjamas pushing prams and feeding their kids biscuits for lunch as they check out updates from big brother on their phones.

Northsideman

brughahaha

Take your pick ....Parnell street , Dorset street , Gardiner street , Marlboro street , the Quays even O'Connell street .......most of the Northside inner city tbh ...... and before someone jumps to erroneous conclusions , I'm a lifelong proud Northsider ...I just think DCC couldn't give a f@ck about it except to experiment with their latest UCD learnt theories and social engineering fads......

ruserious

The Huguenot Quarter in Cork is my favourite area.

Catalpast

What in your view is the worst street in Ireland? I would nominate Dorset Street Dublin. Most from outside Dublin will know it as being near Croke Park and on the main drag into the City from the Airport and the North. It is a street I was born near and walked through daily during my childhood years. Back in the day it was a clean, safe and bustling business street with good pubs, grocer and fruit and veg shops, butchers, chemists and many other businesses which served to local folk. Now it is a filthy place dominated by fast food joints, thinly veiled knocking shops, crappy pubs (with a few remaining notable exceptions) and shop fronts which look third world. It's no longer a nice neighbourhood street and doesn't feel like a safe location day or night. It's not the only such street in Dublin or other towns but for me it's the worst.

So which street would you nominate as the worst in Ireland and why?
and shop fronts which look third world

That's Racist!:shock:

Northsideman

and shop fronts which look third world

That's Racist!:shock:
It is fuk.

There is meant to be planning laws and regulation in regard to signage, on Dorset St. this obviously does not apply.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies