would ye really want to work for this guy? Seriously?

Edo

Sec State Tillerson on his first official visit to China - probably with discussions on North Korea on the top of his agenda

And then the Mar a logo Tweetmonster comes out with this........https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/18/donald-trump-anti-china-tweet-gives-rex-tillerson-a-fresh-wall-to-climb

Trump reminds me so much of a guy I used to work for many moons ago...........inherited wealth,conflicted relationship with father, adoration of mother, difficult relationships with women, ego the size of greenland etc etc...............we know the type.

but its the type of workplace that they created - I worked in the travel business - my boss , in a way, was a pioneer , going to new destinations before most of the Irish travel agents could even spell them...........but the workplace he created was murder.......everything revolved around him - even tho he was the chairman and ceo - he got involved in micro managing everything ,the office politics were toxic and he delighted in stirring it - office managers came and went ..............I lasted 2 years (probably because I spent at least 1 year of it overseas as a site manager or tour manager)....5 office managers in that time - because he couldn't deal with being challenged in any way....... .I can remember having flying rows with him trying to get him to sign the workers pay cheques before the banks closed on payday.....He always "forgot"...............yet the same man would come into the office on a friday morning - tell you to get your passport out of the safe and fly you first class to Rome for the weekend , five star accomodation and food all the way -on the pretext of looking at some new potential resorts and packages...........fantastic generosity - but then would fight you tooth and nail for a decent pay rise or time off...........because it all had to be about him. everything that to be about him.........
oh yeah....the business finally went down after failing to pay taxes and no longer bein bailed out by his family and he was caught up in a court case after using money personally that was given for a charity he set up..........

I see the same attributes in the Trump Whitehouse..........it will be interesting to see how many are still here in a years time.....

I've said it before. Spicer Et Al should resign en masse. Trump makes their jobs impossible. In Spicer's shoes I'd either resign or let the media know in a subtle way that I'm not relaying fact but am acting as a devil's advocate. That is the only way that he can attach any integrity to what he does.

petaljam

All true, and there's another thing that struck me about the Tillerson visit to Korea - he apparently cut short part of what was planned due to "fatigue"? What's with that?

(This is according to the Koreans btw, a working meal with their acting HoS iirc. Naturally the WH has denied there was anything planned at all but we're getting to see what their word is worth.)

But the thing, is, who cuts foreign visits short because of fatigue when they're working at any significant level of responsibility?

I mean, I'm not top management, but I have responsibilities that mean that when I'm, or one of my colleagues is, "short-term" unwell (flu, important daytime medical appt etc) we generally try to cover for each other so things can go on as planned, and the person absent will then catch up the time lost by covering for the other person later if needed. Obviously for long term illnesses someone is brought in, but even that often necessitates one of us taking on all or part of our absent colleague's responsibilities, just because it's not possible to walk in and do this job.

So - what's with Tillerson? Is the man seriously ill? If not, is he already breaking down under the strain of working for a madman? Or is he just not up to the job himself?

It's not like the travelling involved means he's queuing at the Ryanair desk trying to sort out whether to dump his excess luggage or pay the daylight robbery excess weight charge, nor eating plastic meals while trying not to get your neighbour's elbows in your face.

Something is going on there. And I think it could possibly be related to your OP.

ger12

He looks bored and like he's been on the sunbed of late, he's missing the life he used to lead, Washington will prove too dull for him.

I'd say he's already looking to get out.

Edo

Yep - I think Tillerson is having serious buyers remorse already.........

whatever you think of ExxonMobil - Tillerson has serious management chops - far more suited to being president than Trumpy baby

I think he is one of those who was pushed on Trump by the Republican establishment, who probably thought he would have some input into foreign policy and the rest........but now finds he is on the outside, his department is being gutted and all the decisions are being made by the West wing nut jobs Bannon and Miller...........I'd say he is feeling humiliated........how long will he last being a patsy?

Sadly the people with the most influence over Trump are probably those that carry his phone charger and his nappies..............

petaljam

He looks bored and like he's been on the sunbed of late, he's missing the life he used to lead, Washington will prove too dull for him.

I'd say he's already looking to get out.
If you mean Trump, that's exactly what I expected of him initially - as I said on here, just before and soon after he got elected.

However, recently I don't think he looks bored at all, I think he looks defensive and even panicky.
He's in over his head and is too thinskinned to accept even the mildest criticisms about what he's getting wrong, so that instead of learning from his mistakes he can only double-down, hoping to bluff his way out of his latest difficulty.

The spying debacle is just the latest example, but the trend is very much on a downward spiral : he's now actually found himself creating conflict between the NSA and their British allies. It's madness, and the only reason he's doing it is in his ever more desperate attempt to cover up his lies by more lies.

Jack Walsh

All true, and there's another thing that struck me about the Tillerson visit to Korea - he apparently cut short part of what was planned due to "fatigue"? What's with that?

(This is according to the Koreans btw, a working meal with their acting HoS iirc. Naturally the WH has denied there was anything planned at all but we're getting to see what their word is worth.)

But the thing, is, who cuts foreign visits short because of fatigue when they're working at any significant level of responsibility?

I mean, I'm not top management, but I have responsibilities that mean that when I'm, or one of my colleagues is, "short-term" unwell (flu, important daytime medical appt etc) we generally try to cover for each other so things can go on as planned, and the person absent will then catch up the time lost by covering for the other person later if needed. Obviously for long term illnesses someone is brought in, but even that often necessitates one of us taking on all or part of our absent colleague's responsibilities, just because it's not possible to walk in and do this job.

So - what's with Tillerson? Is the man seriously ill? If not, is he already breaking down under the strain of working for a madman? Or is he just not up to the job himself?

It's not like the travelling involved means he's queuing at the Ryanair desk trying to sort out whether to dump his excess luggage or pay the daylight robbery excess weight charge, nor eating plastic meals while trying not to get your neighbour's elbows in your face.

Something is going on there. And I think it could possibly be related to your OP.
I've said it already but will do so again.
When this comes crashing down, and it will (the ignominy of having to dump a POTUS so early due to his mental instability is too big a humiliation for Americans, for now), even virulent anti Trumpers will be gobsmacked at just how chaotic things are.

How many times, after an aide showed him Trump's tweet do you think Rex Tillerson looked out the window crossing the Pacific and said "what the hell have I got myself in to"?
Do you think Sean Spicer goes home to his wife every night and says "great day honey, really enjoyed it, we got lots of great stuff done"?
He doesn't, because, contrary to his daily humiliation ritual, he is bright.
He will go home, pour himself a massive drink and bang his head off the counter and also wonder, what the hell he has got himself into.

This is the sh*t show to beat all sh*t shows.

Trump is a bigger imbecile than the fictional David Brent

Cdebru

I've said it before. Spicer Et Al should resign en masse. Trump makes their jobs impossible. In Spicer's shoes I'd either resign or let the media know in a subtle way that I'm not relaying fact but am acting as a devil's advocate. That is the only way that he can attach any integrity to what he does.
You think these people have any integrity ? The ones with any integrity are the ones who turned down job offers from the current administration.

I've said it already but will do so again.
When this comes crashing down, and it will (the ignominy of having to dump a POTUS so early due to his mental instability is too big a humiliation for Americans, for now), even virulent anti Trumpers will be gobsmacked at just how chaotic things are.

How many times, after an aide showed him Trump's tweet do you think Rex Tillerson looked out the window crossing the Pacific and said "what the hell have I got myself in to"?
Do you think Sean Spicer goes home to his wife every night and says "great day honey, really enjoyed it, we got lots of great stuff done"?
He doesn't, because, contrary to his daily humiliation ritual, he is bright.
He will go home, pour himself a massive drink and bang his head off the counter and also wonder, what the hell he has got himself into.

This is the sh*t show to beat all sh*t shows.

Brent at least gained some self awareness in the end.

ger12

Yep - I think Tillerson is having serious buyers remorse already.........

whatever you think of ExxonMobil - Tillerson has serious management chops - far more suited to being president than Trumpy baby

I think he is one of those who was pushed on Trump by the Republican establishment, who probably thought he would have some input into foreign policy and the rest........but now finds he is on the outside, his department is being gutted and all the decisions are being made by the West wing nut jobs Bannon and Miller...........I'd say he is feeling humiliated........how long will he last being a patsy?

Sadly the people with the most influence over Trump are probably those that carry his phone charger and his nappies..............
Sorry, I should have clarified, I was talking about Trump. I'd say "the team" are biding time.

You think these people have any integrity ? The ones with any integrity are the ones who turned down job offers from the current administration.
Of course I don't think that they have personal integrity. I'd hope that they'd have sufficient intellectual integrity, though, to be able to inform Trump that what he is demanding of them is indefensible. I guess that I'm suggesting that he needs better spin doctors, which is somewhat ironic.

Cdebru

If you mean Trump, that's exactly what I expected of him initially - as I said on here, just before and soon after he got elected.

However, recently I don't think he looks bored at all, I think he looks defensive and even panicky.
He's in over his head and is too thinskinned to accept even the mildest criticisms about what he's getting wrong, so that instead of learning from his mistakes he can only double-down, hoping to bluff his way out of his latest difficulty.

The spying debacle is just the latest example, but the trend is very much on a downward spiral : he's now actually found himself creating conflict between the NSA and their British allies. It's madness, and the only reason he's doing it is in his ever more desperate attempt to cover up his lies by more lies.
I agree he is in way over his head, he doesn't seem to realise that he is US president, that all this stuff has implications, you can't just tweet sh1t you seen on fox news, you can't just tweet random sh1t that comes into your head, you can't accuse your predecessor of a felony with zero evidence, you can't just blank the German PM when she asks do you want to shake hands.

Some of it is obvious diversion to move the media spotlight away from his Russian links but damn you bomb a baby milk factory in Somalia or invade a third world country when you need a diversion , not start a row with your allies.

YET Another Whiney Anti Trump Thread...................
Yes. His first weeks have seen triumph after triumph.

He is the POTUS. Get used to seeing him criticised. Or could it be that you are a snowflake?

Smidgin

YET Another Whiney Anti Trump Thread...................
The Donal shoots himself in the foot every tweeting morning so no need for threads to point out that the clown is insane. The implication is of course that those who blindly follow are equally challenged.

Betson

Trump much like Brent was , is a great boss to work for.

“You will never work in a place like this again. It’s brilliant. Fact. And you’ll never have another boss like me, someone who’s basically a chilled-out entertainer" - David Brent

The Donal shoots himself in the foot every tweeting morning so no need for threads to point out that the clown is insane. The implication is of course that those who blindly follow are equally challenged.
Another whiney libtard who refuses to accept the Democratic will of the US people.

Glaucon

Yet more tweets this morning from the Tangerine Tumour, this time demanding that Germany pays the U.S. more money, or something.

niall78

Yet more tweets this morning from the Tangerine Tumour, this time demanding that Germany pays the U.S. more money, or something.
I'm sure his fan base will be mightily pleased at more juvenile behaviour from their hero.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies