• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Golah veNekhar

I never got any notion of a sense of entitlement of any gay person but I have on occasion got it from travellers along with huge chips on their shoulders!
Since I first met them at age eleven Travelers have been incredibly kind to me. One of my best female friends here is a Traveler. I never forget a good deed done to me. Travelers have done much more than one for me. Personally I have found practicing homosexualists domineering and vindictive, especially the men.

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
Somewhere on the broad sward that is Ireland a gay traveller saw this OP on politics.ie and began to cry softly.

Emily Davison

Re the term Knacker, it's often directed as a term of abuse at working class folk as a whole!
Certainly not all travelers are nax by any means but there is some overlap, but as I say there are a lot of nax in big houses in Taylor's Hill, D4, The Crescent, Montenotti and they are the really dangerous ones!
Galway, Dublin, Limerick and Cork. You do hang out in the very best places.

General Urko

Galway, Dublin, Limerick and Cork. You do hang out in the very best places.
Indeed!
Oddly enough, Emily, in the richest areas of the richest cities - Manhattan, D4, Kensington etc, you always find a disproportionate number of women living there.
This is not down to ladies having superior business acumen or rising to the very top of the different professions, no, it's down quite simply to them looking for rich husbands!
If you party where poop hangs out, don't be surprised if poop shows up!

Granballoon

Last edited:
Last edited:
Gay, but not for the reason hinted at with this thread's pretense. Lads are such horndogs I'd say it's a whale of a time compared to being straight. Really think I'm missing out.

No one is born "Gay".
Stop the presses we finally have someone who knows how people turn out gay!!

Interesting

Well if people are 'born gay' then why did the LGBT Community [pretty well as much] vote overwhelmingly in favour of Abortion on Demand?
You think only the LGBT community voted for women to have agency over their bodies? Because the referendum passed with I believe 66-67% majority... do you think the LGBT demographic in Ireland is 67% of our population?

Somewhere on the broad sward that is Ireland a gay traveller saw this OP on politics.ie and began to cry softly.
Doubt that's what got them crying. The travelling community are, from what I've heard, extremely homophobic. Again, from what I've heard, this is what explains the amount of suicides amongst travellers, not the fact that 'society doesn't accept travellers' as Pavee Point would insist you believe.

callas

Since I first met them at age eleven Travelers have been incredibly kind to me. One of my best female friends here is a Traveler. I never forget a good deed done to me. Travelers have done much more than one for me. Personally I have found practicing homosexualists domineering and vindictive, especially the men.

Practicing Homosexualists?

Is that a branch of medicine?

Do you need a lot of points?

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
Last edited:
Last edited:
My grandfather always liked talking to 'gentlemen of the road' as he used to call them. I think he used to envy them their freedom in a way. There would be loads travelling from all over to do the fruit picking in Wexford in the summer. There would be Travellers and people who weren't Irish Travellers but were just on the road, working where they could find it and probably panhandling in towns when they couldn't.

I recall finding him sitting on the ditch with an old boy who came every year and them having tea and sandwiches. The mother tells me your man used to arrive nearly to the day you'd expect him in the late spring and the grandfather used to look forward to him coming to hear where he had roamed and what he had seen while travelling. I'm certain the grandfather used to look forward to seeing him.

I think the grandparents had a good reputation with the Travellers as the grandmother always used to give them something small. None of them ever caused any grief that I know of and there was never any trouble or anything go missing at all. In fact they were always very respectful of the grandparents now that I think of it, more so than commercial salesmen.

I think they were the older generation though and had their separate way of life but could interact quite easily with settled people and they were interesting if closed off.

I think those times are well gone, unfortunately.

Watcher2

If you had the choice which of those groups would you prefer to have been born into - gay or a Traveler?

There is of course absolutely nothing with being born into either of them, no more than being born left handed!

I would pick gay because you are part of an international movement on the rise!

It would be no picnic being either!
My young children play these sorts of games every now and then. It’s cute.

reg11

Practicing Homosexualists?

Is that a branch of medicine?

Do you need a lot of points?
You can't go around calling yourself a Homosexualist unless you've deviled with a SH- Senior Homosexualist for a few years. Remember that.

toughbutfair

The “traveler” doesn’t have a bad life. I think the stress of AIDS if I was gay would be horrible. However, for women better to be gay.

Granballoon

Gay people are far more likely to get AIDS than straight people. Being PC doesn’t change that. Nothing against sub Sahara people but they are also high risk.
Aaaand the double down, now with added racism!

I think the stress of AIDS if I was gay would be horrible.
This statement insinuates that ONLY gay people contract HIV. Which is doubly inaccurate, considering this doesn't even extend to gay women, literally 50% of the 'gay' demographic.

Additionally, there are other far more debilitating STD's in existence that people can get, including the Travelling Community. Wouldn't fancy catching Herpes myself, for example. Flare ups are gross, extremely contagious, and there's little in the way to stop them.

HIV is extremely manageable. There are drugs to prevent one passing it on to another, including children, and there are drugs to massively extend life.

Granballoon

How is it racist to say that AIDS is more common in sub Sahara Africa than Ireland?
You didn't make that comparison, and why 'sub Saharan africa?'. What made you pick that place?

And again;

This statement insinuates that ONLY gay people contract HIV. Which is doubly inaccurate, considering this doesn't even extend to gay women, literally 50% of the 'gay' demographic.

Additionally, there are other far more debilitating STD's in existence that people can get, including the Travelling Community. Wouldn't fancy catching Herpes myself, for example. Flare ups are gross, extremely contagious, and there's little in the way to stop them.

HIV is extremely manageable. There are drugs to prevent one passing it on to another, including children, and there are drugs to massively extend life.

toughbutfair

You didn't make that comparison, and why 'sub Saharan africa?'. What made you pick that place?
You got offended by facts. It is a fact that a gay Irish person is a higher risk group than an average Irish person. I merely pointed out that some groups are higher risk than others. Sub Sahara Africa has one of the highest rates of AIDS in the world so a person from there is higher risk than an average Irish person.

You responded by saying I was racist for saying this. Science isn’t PC.

Granballoon

You got offended by facts. It is a fact that a gay Irish person is a higher risk group than an average Irish person. I merely pointed out that some groups are higher risk than others. Sub Sahara Africa has one of the highest rates of AIDS in the world so a person from there is higher risk than an average Irish person.

You responded by saying I was racist for saying this. Science isn’t PC.
Thanks, Ben Shapiro. I wouldn't be talking about science though, considering you conveniently ignored everything I had to say about living with AIDS these days. Racists can 100% pick and choose 'science' facts to support their arguments, doesn't mean their arguments aren't prejudiced.

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
Playwright in Ireland, young lad, decided he wanted to write a play with Traveller characters in it and for authenticity decided to see if could arrange to spend a week on a halting site with some Travellers.

All week long he'd sit near where they had a fire and listen and just answer any questions they asked. He noticed after a few nights the same old lady sitting back in the shadows and watching him and saying never a word.

Last night he was there the group was breaking up from the fire and all of a sudden the old lady Traveller came round and beckoned at him. When he leaned over to hear her she looked around and asked him was it true was writing a play.

'I am, Missus' he replied.

The old lady thought for a second and then asked him 'Will there be any ghosts in the play?'

Your man thinking fast said 'Do you think there should be some in it?'

'Yes,' she says, 'That'd be good. Because with all the electric light now the ghosts have nowhere to go', and with that she crept off into the night.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom