• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

toughbutfair

Thanks, Ben Shapiro. I wouldn't be talking about science though, considering you conveniently ignored everything I had to say about living with AIDS these days. Racists can 100% pick and choose 'science' facts to support their arguments, doesn't mean their arguments aren't prejudiced.
I am strongly against racism. Please point out what racist comment I made. While discussing AIDS, I said some groups such as sub Saharan people are high risk groups. You then accused me of racism.

The following are high risk groups

Homosexual men
Sub Saharan people
People who share drug needles
People who have sex with prostitutes

Are these 4 comments an “ism” against the four groups of people?

Granballoon

I am strongly against racism. Please point out what racist comment I made.
Seriously, do not waste my ****ing time man. You know what comments you made.

While discussing AIDS, I said some groups such as sub Saharan people are high risk groups. You then accused me of racism.
And this is proof that you know.

Are these 4 comments an “ism” against the four groups of people?
Some might get 'phobes', depends.

And again you completely ignore the reality of living with HIV today. Very convenient indeed.

Ardillaun

This is not a question I have ever considered. Or would dare ask. Hardy man.

riker1969

What a load of bollix. The implication is that both groups are to be avoided so pick the lesser of two evils. A travellers life is tough. They often make it worse but they don't need tools making cheap shots.

Granballoon

What a load of bollix. The implication is that both groups are to be avoided so pick the lesser of two evils. A travellers life is tough. They often make it worse but they don't need tools making cheap shots.
Yeah that's my take on it tbh.

General Urko

Just to clarify the substance of the OP at one level = is despite how far we think we have come on peoples' rights, two groups which have always and still are to some extent treated like shyte are travellers and gay people.
In the same way that a test of racism is to ask somebody if they wouldn't mind being born black, you are being asked the question that was posed but it's a double sider.

I was at pains to absolutely stress there is no issue per se with belonging to either group!
And BTW I would have no problem being born black either!

The question at the kernel though is an attempt to ascertain who posters think have it more difficult in their lives' journey!

Dearghoul

Just to clarify the substance of the OP at one level = is despite how far we think we have come on peoples' rights, two groups which have always and still are to some extent treated like shyte are travellers and gay people.
In the same way that a test of racism is to ask somebody if they wouldn't mind being born black, you are being asked the question that was posed but it's a double sider.

I was at pains to absolutely stress there is no issue per se with belonging to either group!
And BTW I would have no problem being born black either!

The question at the kernel though is an attempt to ascertain who posters think have it more difficult in their lives' journey!
Jeepers Urko.

I rub elbows with many gay couples and think that their preference its hardly a detriment to their advancement in the world, quite the opposite in fact.

I've also had recent and close experience of a traveller roofing gang/scam and by my back of the fag packet assessment, those boys are doing just fine, if we limit that to economic reward, and arn't squeamish about out and out coercion.

I'd say that both significant minorities have advantages, over the wider community within their own definitions of advantage, though that of the gay community chimes pretty well with the ambitions of the broader society, and the other don't.

toughbutfair

Seriously, do not waste my ****ing time man. You know what comments you made.

And this is proof that you know.

Some might get 'phobes', depends.

And again you completely ignore the reality of living with HIV today. Very convenient indeed.
I will read this as a back down , no shame in that BTW. From accusing me of being racist for saying that AIDS is more prevalent in Sub Sahara Africa than Ireland to trying to shift the narrative to be about living with AIDS.

Diseases are not PC, they may attack certain groups more than others, even certain ethnic groups more than others(e.g cystic fibrosis and Irish people). Study, science and education help fight disease. The shouting down of data because a disease isn’t PC hinders progress.

Granballoon

So this charachter is the reasonable urbanite?
Can someone translate from extremist troll please I have no ****ing idea what he's saying. He has to be trying for what he thinks is a 'gotcha', but considering what post of mine he quoted, and what post I was quoting in that post, both defending travellers for context, I'm confused as to what he's on about.

TakeitAll

It's unimaginable for a straight person to want to be born gay or vice versa I presume. Whereas I could easily imagine being born a traveller, fine looking women too.
Have you a thing for fake orange tan?

Ardillaun

Last edited:
Last edited:
Dear Lord, the stereotypes, praise be I’m kinda anonymous here but it is Saturday night so...if we put the traveller lifestyle on the y-axis and the gay on the x, I’d have to confess my own curve is drooping towards the horizontal. I do like my comforts and the odd musical...and travellers don’t? Is that what I’m saying? Please cancel me right now.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom