Would you support a modern day Irish Republican Army?

Of course im not talking about the IRA we have seen since the 70`s, I mean the IRA of the 1916 type.

Ifa group of armed men and women delcared a new Irish Republic away from the current badly rum political elite, would you offer them your support?

Would you give your support should they storm the GPO in some act of national stance promising a new fairer Ireland for all its citizens away from thr corruption of the current government and oppostions parties?

Would you support them taking up arms against fellow Irish men and Women who stood in their way of creating a new Republic?

Joopface

No. It would be a ridiculous, nonsensical thing to do. And irresponsible, and criminal. I'd support their arrest and punishment.

Like any sane person would.

fool

What's the difference between the current IRA and "a group of armed men and women delcared a new Irish Republic away from the current badly rum political elite"?

kerdasi amaq

Only if they know what an independent sovereign nation is all about; unlike that current mob of cretins in Leinster House, who think sovereignty is little more than unlimited credit card for them to borrow against.

Ulster-Lad

The men of 1916 were not supported by the people then. What makes you think they would now?

disgruntledcitizen

absolutely not, like it or not democracy is the least bad of all options, militant / terrorist action is never the answer

So for all those who say no, would you have said no back in 1916?

Do you think what the IRA did back then was wrong?

absconded

Storming the GPO today, probably not.
Storming Leinster House today, probably yes.

Occupation of the GPO in 1916. No

Last edited:

SFInbhear

Of course im not talking about the IRA we have seen since the 70`s, I mean the IRA of the 1916 type.

Ifa group of armed men and women delcared a new Irish Republic away from the current badly rum political elite, would you offer them your support?

Would you give your support should they storm the GPO in some act of national stance promising a new fairer Ireland for all its citizens away from thr corruption of the current government and oppostions parties?

Would you support them taking up arms against fellow Irish men and Women who stood in their way of creating a new Republic?
What revisionist crap!!!

The only difference between the IRA of the War of Independance and the IRA of the Troubles was that the latter used modern methods of Fuarilla Warfare. If the old IRA had the methods the Provisionals had available to them do you not think they would have used them?

cry freedom

Naw. I think I'll stick with the ulcer on top of my in-growing toe nail.
That will suffice for now!
Thanks all the same.

So for all those who say no, would you have said no back in 1916?

Do you think what the IRA did back then was wrong?
I say no, I would not support any armed uprising and I would not have supported them in 1916. No mandate and a suicidal bloodlust Not for me

Yes.

Do you accept that they are responsible for the present mess ?

Thats a tough question to answer because the UK is hardly a glowing economic example at the moment either.

Its also tough because had Michael Collins lived we may have seen a different Republic today. Who knows what would have played out then, would we be a Republic today or still a free state?

Franzoni

I'd support and probably join a new version of a Irish Citizen Army with the ideals that James Connolly and Jim Larkin espoused....

the middle class ethics of the 1916/22 IRA wouldn't appeal to me...very anti working class as we found out afterwards and that still runs through FF and FG today....

So most people on here wouldnt have supported the IRA of 1916, so would those same people feel we should today be part of the UK as a free state?

splashy

Yes.

Do you accept that they are responsible for the present mess ?
What do you mean? Are you saying that because they helped to found the state, they are ever responsible for what happens to it?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies