WOW! - ex POTUS openly criticises current POTUS over a Presidential decision!

Catalpast

Barack Obama slams Donald Trump as 'cruel and wrong' for scrapping amnesty for 800,000 Daca Dreamers
Barack Obama slams Donald Trump as 'cruel and wrong' for scrapping amnesty for 800,000 Daca Dreamers

This certainly opens up a can of worms!

It is I believe unprecedented for a former POTUS to openly criticise a current one in such a manner

Now whatever the rights and wrongs of that decision it is not considered the done thing

- to pull the rug from under the President

- when you have been one yourself

Obama should understand that his time is over

- and retire gracefully

Being bitter that his Party lost November

- will get him nowhere.....

It is I believe unprecedented for a former POTUS to openly criticise a current one in such a manner

Now whatever the rights and wrongs of that decision it is not considered the done thing

- and retire gracefully

It's anything but unprecedented:

When Former Presidents Assail the Chief - The New York Times

It should also be mentioned that while not using Trump's name, both Bush Sr and Jr reacted to Trump's comments on Charlottesville.

shiel

- and retire gracefully

I do not agree with you.

The election of Trump together with brexit could turn out to be the most significant developments for a long time.

Their significance and their potential consequences are being underestimated.

I am being pessimistic but I hope I am wrong.

Erudite Caveman

Sir Donald Of Twitter tore up the rule book and the deplorables said that this was good.

So what is this 'unprecedented' bullsh1t they are on about now?

Catalpast

GDPR

"Dreamers"?

Also what does it mean to be an "American" in your heart? The United State's really doesn't have any identity outside of a set of pretty poisonous values which is why it is the home of the ridiculous idea of "White Nationalism" ("White" isn't a Nationality- I'm "White", Dutch people are "White", the Komi people are "White" and whether they want to admit it Ashkenazim are also "White", when you have only your skin colour to fall back on you should know you are in trouble). Of course the fact that this scheme existed in the first place shows just how much Capitalism in the United States was favouring both legal and illegal immigration in it's drive to reduce it's masses to "Third World" at their worst levels of existence.

Catalpast

I do not agree with you.

The election of Trump together with brexit could turn out to be the most significant developments for a long time.

Their significance and their potential consequences are being underestimated.

I am being pessimistic but I hope I am wrong.
That is a different subject

This is about the ex POTUS openly criticising the current One.

Researchwill

- and retire gracefully

How very snowflake of you.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-just-sharply-criticized-obama-for-the-first-time-2015-4

Where is your thread when Bush did it? I know you never posted one.

BTW I agree congress should decide on how to deal with the Dreamers.

owedtojoy

- and retire gracefully

Unusual, but hardly unprecedented.

Both Bush Presidents were critical of Trump over his Charlottesville comments.

And Obama is dead right - taking people raised as American kids, fully integrated and working, then dumping them where they do not even speak the language is needlessly cruel.

But Trumpohphiles will rejoice that he is at last putting the boot into the brown people who make them feel insecure.

Researchwill

Just like it's not usual for current president to openly do it to past presidents.

https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article139845893.html

Trump made a rod for his own back and I feel no pity when he gets slapped with it the cry baby in chief. It's funny Trump won and all he and the trumptits do is winge and cry boo fvcking hoo get over it Trump won it's a pity he so crap.

an innocent abroad

Trump has no problem critizing O'Bama and has done so non stop since becoming Potus.

In fact O'Bama has shown serious restraint regarding the lies Trump has both spokem and tweeted about the former president.

Trump is relying on this socalled "Protocol" to attack O'Bama while knowing O'Bama is a more honorable and civic minded person than Trump ever will be.

Has Trump apologised for lying about O'Bama regarding tapping his tower? No and he won't because lying is Trumps true character.

He has practically rescinded nearly all of O'Bamas protections for workers and the environment.

Trump is a cowardly lying dishonest piece of crap and is unfit to clean O'Bamas's shoes.

Hiding behing protocol's to assault the former president is just typical of that cowardly piece of crap.

Surkov

Another attempt by has-been, no legacy Obama to snatch at a bit of the political lime-light. How sad.

shiel

Any criticism of Trump is good in my opinion.

He is a racist, misogynist, neo-totalitarian.

The fact that he was supported by more than 50% of white US women is incredible.

The parallel development in the UK in which basic racist tendencies led to tearing up an agreement with nearly thirty other European democracies and the GFA signed with this former colony is also very worrying.

The consequences of both developments for all of us could be dire and we should be made aware of them.

Criticising Trump by anyone has my support as has the challenging the racist gutter London press motivated brexit.

greengoose2

Any criticism of Trump is good in my opinion.

He is a racist, misogynist, neo-totalitarian.

The fact that he was supported by more than 50% of white US women is incredible.

The parallel development in the UK in which basic racist tendencies led to tearing up an agreement with nearly thirty other European democracies and the GFA signed with this former colony is also very worrying.

The consequences of both developments could be dire and we should be made aware of them.

Criticising Trump by anyone has my support as has the challenging the racist gutter London press motivated brexit.
Your support is worth jacks shít.

Disillusioned democrat

Another attempt by has-been, no legacy Obama to snatch at a bit of the political lime-light. How sad.
It does seem as if a form of aristocracy is creeping into democracy - the Kennedy "Clan", the Bush family, the supposed Clinton lineage and even at the end of Obama's lack lustre terms people started talking about Michelle Obama as an "obvious" candidate for 2020+.

Last edited:

Researchwill

It does seem as if a form of aristocracy is creeping into democracy - the Kennedy "Clan", the Bush family, the supposed Clinton lineage and even at the end of Obama's lack lustre terms people started talking about Michelle Obama as an "obvious" candidate for 2010+.
2010+ a bit late for that. Any citizen entitled to run and any citizen entitled to mark ballot as they wish. You do get Trump won don't you?

Spanner Island

Considering what has happened since January it's actually surprising it took Obama this long imo...

And as others have stated... Trump's great at dishing it out but horrendous at taking it... and he's been dishing it out at Obama for years and hasn't stopped...

In truth America needs more ex-POTUSs calling out the Trump administration as the fiasco it is and Trump as the pathetic man child he is as opposed to keeping schtum...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies