Wrightbus - The next RHI?

james toney

Sounds like the church raised funds for 23 new roofs...18 types of altars...12 new heating systems...8 car parks....and a couple of round the world cruises to recover from all that fundraising.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Last edited:

EnglishObserver

It is rather amusing to consider that if many of these self-professed "Christians" actually observed the Christian values of humility, tolerance and charity they wouldn't be as narcissistic and spiteful towards others proclaiming the same core beliefs. :)
You assume what said ''core beliefs' are - those you hint at may or may not be their 'core' beliefs.

Sinnfein1916

Evangelical Protestant megachurches are a hive of money laundering and corruption. They have turned into vast criminal enterprises in the USA and Brazil and made certain "pastors" incredibly rich. I wouldn't be surprised to see that this story reveals an enormous scandal that goes far beyond this particular "church".
Would these evangelical Protestant churches be more corrupt than the Catholic Church, that would take some doing?

Enoch Root

One has to laugh at Southerners who claim that an influx of DUPers to the Dail in a united Ireland would result in more financial probity and less corruption.
Bloody hell, who claims that?

I'd see a huge benefit in shaking up the status quo of Leister House, and a UI an subsequent influx of NI Tis would do that, but honestly, has anyone posted that the DUP are financially competent?

EnglishObserver

I'd see a huge benefit in shaking up the status quo of Leister House, and a UI an subsequent influx of NI Tis would do that, but honestly, has anyone posted that the DUP are financially competent?
Politicians don't care about financial competence - it's other people's cash they spend.

Estragon

Quite shocking, whilst a company can distribute it's profits in whatever legal way is chooses, there's an alarming lack of oversight from the likes of InvestNI which pumped public money into the business and the auditor who presumably signed off on the accounts. Another financial scandal right in the heart of DUP territory.
My brother worked briefly for InvestNI before returning to the private sector.

Safe to say that when the reunification happens InvestNI will be among the first against the wall.

Glaucon

It is rather amusing to consider that if many of these self-professed "Christians" actually observed the Christian values of humility, tolerance and charity they wouldn't be as narcissistic and spiteful towards others proclaiming the same core beliefs. :)
The nub of the issue is here:

“We made God a shareholder in the business – 26 per cent of Wrights is owned by an evangelical trust – in order to make sure He was central in everything the Wrights company does.”

Then he felt that God had a new question for him. “Do you love me more than these buses?’ I said, ‘yeah, I do’. So God said ‘I want you to feed my lambs and take care of my sheep’.”

Workers with families will go on the dole, and one can only speculate what the social effects will be from hundreds of mothers and fathers struggling to keep the family finances afloat in an area already riddled by unemployment. In any case, the Green Pastures Church (with God Almighty himself leading the way) is sitting pretty.

Observer B

Workers with families will go on the dole, and one can only speculate what the social effects will be from hundreds of mothers and fathers struggling to keep the family finances afloat in an area already riddled by unemployment. In any case, the Green Pastures Church (with God Almighty himself leading the way) is sitting pretty.
Yes, But God will provide!!

1569411151410.png

Translates as: We realized that there was more money to be made from Evangelical preaching and much less risk that making buses.

james toney

Has the church that continues to say that 'Jesus saves'...... stepped in to save the 1500 workers yet?

cozzy121

Has the church that continues to say that 'Jesus saves'...... stepped in to save the 1500 workers yet?

"Prosperity theology (sometimes referred to as the prosperity gospel, the health and wealth gospel, the gospel of success, or seed faith)[A] is a controversial religious belief among some Protestant Christians, who hold that financial blessing and physical well-being are always the will of God for them, and that faith, positive speech, and donations to religious causes will increase one's material wealth.[1] Prosperity theology views the Bible as a contract between God and humans: if humans have faith in God, he will deliver security and prosperity.[2]"

Tir Eoghain

Willie Wright will be okay though., he'll not be signing on.

He was in the Irish Times rich list with a personal fortune of 83 million.

EFTLrGEX4AEIhjo.jpg

Glaucon

The State will have to step in, as usual, via the benefits system. But there is no monetary compensation for the social and emotional turmoil these workers will be suffering at present, and will suffer long into the future.

"For the last five years, management has told us that they can't give us a wage rise as they were investing it in the company.

"Who is going to employ a 62-year-old man? I have nothing now. That's it.

"I'm off shift and due back in tomorrow night but I've been in since 8 o'clock hoping to find out if I've got a job."

Up to 1700 job losses (including contractors) in a place like Ballymena is catastrophic.

AhNowStop

Mad and all as it sounds but until recently thats the PR that used to be melted out .. i.e. that the DUP were "shred no nonsense" business people ...

Obviously now everyone can see them for the incompetent & corrupt gobsh1tes that they are

everybody apart from thew usual suspects of course .. Harris, RDE, Tommy Gorman and 3/4 of RTE & the Dublin media .. it seems they dont want to see the truth staring them in the face.. just keep pointing the finger at the shinners

raetsel

Sounds like the church raised funds for 23 new roofs...18 types of altars...12 new heating systems...8 car parks....and a couple of round the world cruises to recover from all that fundraising.
If Jesus is really a shareholder why is he allowing these embarrassing stories to emerge?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom