Wrightbus - The next RHI?

puffin

As someone who actually lives in Ballymena, I would like to correct a few things, One ,20% of the workforce of Wrightbus is Catholic, which is in proportion with the local Demographic, Two, the firm is privately owned and the third generation run it into the ground, this is typical of a lot of family firms,. There is no law to stop profits being spent on cults, etc, all religions are cults , It is normal for businesses now, to divest themselves of assets, and then rent them back, they are all at it, scandalous but true. Another scam is share buy backs, I digress. Local businesses and all political properties, have got behind the Wrightbus workers, and support them in their endeavours.Why do outsiders always see every story in Northern Ireland in a sectarian narrative. Wrightbus is a story oh hubris, and bad management, and you can read stories of this stuff in the Business pages every day of the week. And lastly Paisley is a a bad odour in Ballymena, but corruption is endemic in politics world wide, I am of an age were I have learned that.

death or glory

aiteal

As someone who actually lives in Ballymena, I would like to correct a few things, One ,20% of the workforce of Wrightbus is Catholic
nope, 13%, from a company that in recent history had a 3% of workers who were Catholic, and advertised as a "Christian Company with a Christian Ethos" when looking for new employees.

puffin

I go with the 3% percent, at one time that was the case, factually there has been no prosecutions for under equality legislation as regards religion, if you can verify the figures through the FEA I will accept, I find it hard to understand that Dublin Corporation would order buses, the Shinners on said the said body would miss an open goal.ps Aiteal thanks for a grown up discussion, and points made in a mature fashion.

puffin

According to the EC monitoring return, more than 20% of the workforce is Catholic.

aiteal

I go with the 3% percent, at one time that was the case, factually there has been no prosecutions for under equality legislation as regards religion, if you can verify the figures through the FEA I will accept, I find it hard to understand that Dublin Corporation would order buses, the Shinners on said the said body would miss an open goal.ps Aiteal thanks for a grown up discussion, and points made in a mature fashion.
Lets be honest here, when the equality commission pointed out Wright's 3% figure the DUP's response was to call for the disbandment of the equality commission.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies