Wuhan coronavirus - Coming Soon?

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

So nothing about it simply being passed by breathing. No I won't wear a mask unless in an enclosed place e.g. public transport etc. Remember when this was at its peak not many wore masks, now all of a sudden many are when it is petering out. You would wonder sometimes.
Perhaps your timeline is wrong? Perhaps fewer cases because more are wearing masks?

owedtojoy

So nothing about it simply being passed by breathing. No I won't wear a mask unless in an enclosed place e.g. public transport etc. Remember when this was at its peak not many wore masks, now all of a sudden many are when it is petering out. You would wonder sometimes.
It is up to yourself.

How you imagine a carrier of Covid can breath out without expelling droplets with the virus beats me.

You do not need to wear a mask outdoors, but everyone should (as you said) in public transport and indoors, like in shops.

owedtojoy

It may not be "petering out". It comes in successive waves, some of them localised. In the US they had a culture war on mask-wearing. Now, cases are at a new peak, with deaths rising as well.

If people continue all the precautions (social distancing, masks, hand-washing) while the virus is suppressed, it is the best protection against the remaining pockets of the virus spreading again.

owedtojoy

What a difference two months can make to a country like the US.

Back at the start of June, there were days of holding one's breath because states were re-opening their economies, relaxing lockdowns, and not seeking the wearing of masks. Many scientists were warning that this was premature and the prevention measures were inadequate.

Cases_Increasing.png

Well, now we know they were absolutely right.

USA_Map_August.png

caledhel

Well on a lighter note, here's a movie (apparently about meth) that has some resonances during the pandemic.

It's witty, charming and clever light entertainment that's perfect for a significant other movie night. Crack yourself a beer and settle in for a good show.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom