• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Yahoo email accounts hacked in China.

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
Following on from the Google debacle, which has led to the search engine moving
address to Hong Kong, there are now reports that Yahoo email has been hacked :
BBC News - Yahoo targeted in China cyber attacks

The Foreign Correspondents Club of China has confirmed *8* hacks, over
a period of weeks: Foreign Correspondents' Club of China ????????

Thus far concerns such as Google , GoDaddy, and Dell have announced that the
atmosphere in China regarding net regulation is not conducive to development
and Enterprise.

Interview with Sergey Brin (Google co-Founder ) : http://******/b3sAGI

Dell story here : Dell Moving Out of China to India

Last edited:

seanmacc

Their security services ave gone nuts the past few years. My father was working at the Olympics two years ago. When leaving his hotel to get on the bus down to the village he realised he'd forgot his phone on returning unexpectedly to the hotel room he found four men in suits accompanied by a member of hotel staff routing through his bags and everything else. The man in the hotels uniform fobbed them off as cleaning staff.

The state is clearly rattled about dissidents in their country and are creating the Big Brother society to deal with it. Unfortunately for the Chinese intelligence services is they are a bit less subtle then their American, British and Russian counterparts

Christine Murray

Website
Their security services ave gone nuts the past few years. My father was working at the Olympics two years ago. When leaving his hotel to get on the bus down to the village he realised he'd forgot his phone on returning unexpectedly to the hotel room he found four men in suits accompanied by a member of hotel staff routing through his bags and everything else. The man in the hotels uniform fobbed them off as cleaning staff.

The state is clearly rattled about dissidents in their country and are creating the Big Brother society to deal with it. Unfortunately for the Chinese intelligence services is they are a bit less subtle then their American, British and Russian counterparts
in this case a well established Foreign Correspondent group, who it appears, had a certain amount of
diplomatic contacts with the Chinese Authorities are the offended parties - which means they i) Know
how to get their press releases to news agencies ii). They are quite ticked off , cos they probably don't
want to rock the boat but have no other option. Foreign Correspondents' Club of China ????????

jcdf

Does this really take anybody by surprise? If you have an email account in China, it will be hacked. That is the norm.

Christine Murray

Website
Does this really take anybody by surprise? If you have an email account in China, it will be hacked. That is the norm.
well, it appears to be the norm if ye are a writer or activist, in other words if you stick you head above
the parapet - there has (as yet) been no comment from the Chinese authorites on the issue- so we
shouldn't really jump to conclusions.

it could actually be any number of types of industrial hackers..

Telegraph report here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/7540695/Chinese-Yahoo-accounts-hacked.html?utm_source=tmg&utm_medium=TD_yahoo&utm_campaign=tech3103pm

Last edited:

fat finger

So it's just in the news again that Yahoo emails one billion of them have been hacked and users' details compromised. It's traditional when this happens to blame the Russians, the Chinese, the Irish, whoever. You'll never hear it said was this done by Google or the CIA as Google becomes part of the government apparatus and sucks in all data for analysis, Big Brother isn't just watching you, he's hacking into every available source of information to find out EVERYTHING about you. Me I may continue reading politics.ie. contributing maybe, but that's it, my days on the web are done except for booking flights or car hire, that's it, no more Google, ESPECIALLY NO MORE GOOGLE, no more browsing, no more online newspapers, or offline, I'm done with the computer, will use it for writing and printing letters or other necessary documents, but that's it, no more email, no more Outlook, done with Gmail, done with my smartphone too, I'm done with modern telecoms, I'm outtathere. Over. Done. Finished. Out.