Yates Sunday Morning Newstalk Radio Show

Killerbank

Coming up:
Sport
Lots of Sport
Later we'll be talking about Sport

GOODBYE!!

Prester Jim

Can't believe I am saying this, but they need to put him back on in the morning, there is no choice at the moment for news, RTE are dull as dishwater and the Newstalk bunch are bad for my dashboard, every time I hear Paul Williams I want to punch the area in front of me with all the force within me.

Prester Jim

Coming up:
Sport
Lots of Sport

GOODBYE!!
Yeah, kind of annoying for those of us not in a sports-opium induced coma, some parts of the week are just sport, sport, sport on every fncking channel. Saturday driving to Cork to see the in-laws, just sport and Sunday on the way back, just sport and Gay fupping Byrne.

wombat

Yeah, kind of annoying for those of us not in a sports-opium induced coma, some parts of the week are just sport, sport, sport on every fncking channel. Saturday driving to Cork to see the in-laws, just sport and Sunday on the way back, just sport and Gay fupping Byrne.
CD player?

constitutionus

o leary on the bus strikes.

:D

still better than whats on marion now.

brughahaha

CD player?
Podcasts , especially BBC podcasts ...comedy , desert island discs, documentary, Kimmode and Mayo film reviews ........failing that Spotify .....

Prester Jim

CD player?
Yeah, I do that but sometimes I like to listen to interesting conversation. Used to have a way of attaching my phone to the stereo in a previous car and would listen to audio books, history podcasts etc. Next car will have to have that again.

constitutionus

Heh heh heh.

o leary nailing his colours to the EU mast here.

one of those that thinks the brits wont go the full hog.

this from a lad that didnt think brexit would happen.

Lúidín

I switch off for sports. It's not that I'm anti-sport as I play lots of sports but I'm just not interested in hearing all about Scunderland's striker picking up a groin strain in a disco with an underage celebrity.

che schifo

Yeah, I do that but sometimes I like to listen to interesting conversation. Used to have a way of attaching my phone to the stereo in a previous car and would listen to audio books, history podcasts etc. Next car will have to have that again.
You can get a little yoke from halfords that plugs into the earphone socket of your phone and the fag lighter of your car and transmits radio so you can listen to stuff through the car wireless. Not a great solution but cheap

constitutionus

I switch off for sports. It's not that I'm anti-sport as I play lots of sports but I'm just not interested in hearing all about Scunderland's striker picking up a groin strain in a disco with an underage celebrity.
me too.

LAST thing a weekend show needs is MORE sport on the most sports heavy days of the week.

Hitchcock

constitutionus

what do ya expect?

the only difference between him and Redacted is mick pays his taxes.

:D

razorblade

Coming up:
Sport
Lots of Sport

GOODBYE!!
If you think that is to much sport, you should try listening to talksport or bbc 5 live, newstalks sports coverage is tiny by comparison.

Eoin Coir

Had Yates any tips for the races, he is a very expert bookie you know !

asset test

All I can say is that Regina Doherty is a muppet and a verbal bully.

And Yates should have cut in to shut her the feck up.

I too am sick of so much sports coverage on Saturdays and especially Sundays. There is an afternoon of it so the morning slot should be a bit more diverse. I enjoyed O'Leary though, he's one gas man.

irish_bob

This clown is afforded an incredible platform by Newstalk and RTE to agitate his neoliberal agenda.
as opposed to the countless far left academics , journalists and union chiefs who are never off the airwaves

gatsbygirl20

Tell me about it. Driving West Sat afternoon it's sport all the way on the radio. Down West they're all addicts--glued to huge TVs in every little pub.

Now every obscure team and league match is on TV to feed the obsessions of the increasingly armchair-sport mad populace who go wild if they have to spend an hour away from sport.
Then Sunday on the way up, more feckin' sport

CD player?
Joni Mitchell and Steely Dan all the way

Telstar 62

Good to see legends like Yates and George Hook still dominating
the airwaves....:cool:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies