Yet another Rape commited by Foreign Nationals

its nearly a daily occurrence that I read about stories like this with regards to sick crimes commited by Foreign Nationals in this country, all you have to do is check the amount of threads similar to this

BreakingNews.ie > Ireland
Romanians to be sentenced in May for assault of Tipperary woman
Two Romanian men will be sentenced next May for sexually assaulting a Tipperary woman last year.

Ionat Hoinaru (aged 29), of no fixed abode, and Constantin Mariscariu (aged 23), of The Avenue, Barnora, Cahir, Co Tipperary, pleaded guilty to sexual assault of the woman in Tipperary on March 16, 2008.

They changed their plea from not guilty after a jury was sworn in for their trial in the Central Criminal Court. Mr Justice Patrick McCarthy thanked the jury for their time and told them they would not be required.
http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eyaueyaueygb/

He remanded Hoinaru in custody and Mariscariu on continuing bail until their sentence date. He also ordered a probation report be prepared for Mariscariu

Mazzy Maz

What's your point? I want to hear your political view on this. What special measures should be taken in light of this incident?

mmrebel

Every day i pick up the paper and there is some child who has been abused by an Irish person. See where I'm going here ? Because they are foreign its news worthy.

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
A proper immigration system is needed, points based on the needs of the nation's employment requirements.
A pro-active rather than re-active asylum system, and the end to legal aid for appelants. The strict application of the Dublin protocol requiring asylum seekers to seek asylum in the first safe territory they enter.
Much better interaction with Europol and other EU police forces to ensure background checks on foreign EU nationals living here.
The legal ability to bar EU nationals on the basis of previous convictions abroad for a range of serious offences.
The right to bill their native country for the cost of incarcerating repeat offenders.

when you arrive in this Country once you register for PPS number or likewise there should be an requirement for a Garda stamp to prove you have been vetted , the Guards should be able to check on the these people from their home authorities and if they have a criminal past they should not deported, how's that

mmrebel

A proper immigration system is needed, points based on the needs of the nation's employment requirements.
A pro-active rather than re-active asylum system, and the end to legal aid for appelants. The strict application of the Dublin protocol requiring asylum seekers to seek asylum in the first safe territory they enter.
Much better interaction with Europol and other EU police forces to ensure background checks on foreign EU nationals living here.
The legal ability to bar EU nationals on the basis of previous convictions abroad for a range of serious offences.
The right to bill their native country for the cost of incarcerating repeat offenders.
Agree with a lot of that JC but the title of the thread is only scare mongering and achieves nothing and don't add to reasonable debate

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
Agree with a lot of that JC but the title of the thread is only scare mongering and achieves nothing and don't add to reasonable debate
I was responding to your question rather than the thread title.
In fairness, at least it's not inaccurate, even if it is needlessly inflammatory. We've seen plenty of completely outrageous thread titles on this board.

bob3344

The title is factual.

It is about time we had a debate in this country as to why the Gardai are not capable of vetting immigrants criminal records & doing their fkn job - i.e. safeguarding irish people from preventable crime.

Maybe we should just stick our heads in the sand.

Right is right

The title is factual.

It is about time we had a debate in this country as to why the Gardai are not capable of vetting immigrants criminal records & doing their fkn job - i.e. safeguarding irish people from preventable crime.

Why can't they do the job and stop irish people commiting crimes??
Why doesn't every other country in the world send back all the Irish who commit crimes abroad also??

sparkey321

The title is factual.

The vast majority of crime in Ireland is committed by Irish people including "preventable crime". How many crimes are committed by Irish scumbags out on bail or on early release. This fascination on immigrant crime is a joke, a refuge for the idiots and biggots.

bob3344

Why can't they do the job and stop irish people commiting crimes??
Why doesn't every other country in the world send back all the Irish who commit crimes abroad also??
Yeah right - because Irish people commit crimes it would be hypocritical to prevent foreign criminals from entering the country.

Haven't heard that moronic viewpoint in a while.

The rest of the world can do as it pleases, we should identify and bar serious foreign offenders from Ireland. Blindingly obvious.

Let me guess - do you think it hypocritical to send illegal immigrants home given that there are illegal irish in the US ?

Oblivion

Every day i pick up the paper and there is some child who has been abused by an Irish person. See where I'm going here ? Because they are foreign its news worthy.
Of course the majority of crimes committed in Ireland are going to be committed by.... Irish people. That's a no-brainer. But that fact is, there are some immigrant groups who are grossly over-represented when it comes to crime - particularly violent crime.

In Britain, for example, it has been taboo in recent years to talk about crimes committed by foreign nationals. Such talk was "unfounded" and "racist". Fast forward to 2009, and one in seven of the UK's 74,000 jail population is now a foreign national. Political correctness didn't make the problem go away; it merely covered it up until public anger exploded. Now things have become so bad that criminals are being released early because the prisons can't cope, they are at maximum capacity.

Jamaicans make up less than 3% of the UK population, yet you will find some prisons that are majority Jamaican. You will find exactly the same thing in Canada. The teenagers killed in London last year reveal their own story about immigrant gangs operating in the capital. Somali thugs are particularly brutal.

We can have an honest debate about this in Ireland, before things get as bad as they have become in the UK. Or, we can come out with bullsh*t, fluffy platitudes and go down the same path.

Right is right

Yeah right - because Irish people commit crimes it would be hypocritical to prevent foreign criminals from entering the country.

Haven't heard that moronic viewpoint in a while.

The rest of the world can do as it pleases, we should identify and bar serious foreign offenders from Ireland. Blindingly obvious.

Let me guess - do you think it hypocritical to send illegal immigrants home given that there are illegal irish in the US ?
So you are saying that you can identify every foreign person who arrives here and know if they will commit a crime or not??? You have no idea even if they haven't commited a crime that they won't commit one.

Yes I do think it is hypocritical that we look for exemptions for Irish illegals in US etc and everyone knows illegals in the Aus/US/Canada etc and thinks its alright or that we whinge about foreigners coming to Ireland when we have exported hundreds of thousands of emigrants to other countries when things aren't going well here.

Oblivion

We have exported hundreds of thousands of emigrants to other countries when things aren't going well here.
"We" haven't exported anyone.

Those Irish people who choose to emigrate make their own decision. Nobody holds a gun to their head. If they choose to go abroad and stay there illegally, they should accept the consequences of their actions. Trying the smear the blame of illegal immigration onto all Irish people - as if we are all somehow collectively guilty for the actions of others, is a load of boll*cks.

Our only collective obligation is to the people of Ireland. More specifially, the people who reside in Ireland legally and who obide by the law. Those who breach our trust and commit crimes within our shores deserve zero sympathy and zero tolerance.

Plenty of Irish have gone abroad over the years and some have disgraced themselves and their homeland with their behaviour. But no amount of guilt-tripping is going to prevent people from seeing that two wrongs do not make a right.

Tiernanator

The truth is for this woman is that a political decision set in motion the things that led to her subsequent attack by these foreign nationals. If there was no EU nor if we had not had the immigration into Ireland then this would probably/most likely not have happened.

Last edited:

mmrebel

Of course the majority of crimes committed in Ireland are going to be committed by.... Irish people. That's a no-brainer. But that fact is, there are some immigrant groups who are grossly over-represented .
I would agree with that, in this country the amount of eastern Europeans driving around without tax and insurance and committing road and traffic violations in this country is endemic all I'm saying is scare mongering serves no purpose when it comes to reasonable debate.

Oblivion

Now where did I put my white hood and pitch fork?

Is that really the best you can do, kerrygold... a half-hearted smear?

I wonder, if political correctness is really such as "enlightened" form of thinking, why do its salesmen come across all hollow and sheepish when required to defend it?

General Urko

Proportionate to their numbers there are far more non nationals in our prisons, that's a simple fact.
And far more members of the traveling community, of course the latter is much more likely down to the horrific discrimination, they suffer!:roll:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies