• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Yet another Traveller Feud.

johnny365

In Kerry in recent years as well as right across the country every town seems to have its very own Traveller feud. Tralee was the subject of a lot of attention for its Traveller feud in recent years. Killarney seemed to have escaped this madness until now. A group of settled Travellers have entered into a feud in the town.

Its seems wide spread threats violence and anti social behaviour is going on. On Saturday the normally quiet estate of Ballyspillane was the scene of disturbances and anti social behaviour. The resource centre in Ballyspillane does great work in the area and its a shame that this work is wrecked by these thugs. Will this be bad for tourism in Killarney? I would also like to know what groups like Pavee Point are doing about these feuds? The CAB/Social Welfare/Gardai should tackle the Travellers this cant be tolerated, the country is broke we cant afford this nonsense.

Gardai warn as traveller feud erupts | Kerry's Eye

SeanieFitz

In Kerry in recent years as well as right across the country every town seems to have its very own Traveller feud. Tralee was the subject of a lot of attention for its Traveller feud in recent years. Killarney seemed to have escaped this madness until now. A group of settled Travellers have entered into a feud in the town.

Its seems wide spread threats violence and anti social behaviour is going on. On Saturday the normally quiet estate of Ballyspillane was the scene of disturbances and anti social behaviour. The resource centre in Ballyspillane does great work in the area and its a shame that this work is wrecked by these thugs. Will this be bad for tourism Killarney? I would also like to know what groups like Pavee Point are doing about these feuds? The CAB/Social Welfare/Gardai should tackle the Travellers this cant be tolerated, the country is broke we cant afford this nonsense.

Gardai warn as traveller feud erupts | Kerry's Eye
i was disgusted to read this. The residents of Ballyspillane have a great community spirit and were recently won a national pride of place award. its the total disregard for others that gets me.

Levellers

Pavee Point says it's part of their culture. I say it endemic criminal behaviour.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Killarney seemed to have escaped this madness until now. A group of settled Travellers have entered into a feud in the town.
I think the families of murder, rape and robbery victims in Killarney over the years would be surprised to know that it has only just become a violent town.

Not that I want to depict Killarney as lawless at all, it's a great town But let's not pretend it has a history of violence that started in recent weeks. But either way one hopes that the gardai clamp down on any violence in any community.

Trampas

Can the resident P.ie "yerra racist" brigade be long delayed ?

johnny365

i was disgusted to read this. The residents of Ballyspillane have a great community spirit and were recently won a national pride of place award. its the total disregard for others that gets me.
I know alot of he people that work in Ballyspillane resource centre, I feel for them . Increased Garda presence in the area now and alot of residents in fear. Its shocking really, they contempt and arrogance of some elements of the Traveller community is breathtaking.

johnny365

I think the families of murder, rape and robbery victims in Killarney over the years would be surprised to know that it has only just become a violent town.

Not that I want to depict Killarney as lawless at all, it's a great town But let's not pretend it has a history of violence that started in recent weeks. But either way one hopes that the gardai clamp down on any violence in any community.
Very true, however Killarney had escaped the Traveller feud madness. This had been confined to Tralee in recent years.

Bea C

When I saw the cover of Kerry's Eye this morning I said to my Mammy!
I passed one of the foxy f**kers up the park, I dunno, must be a fortnight or so ago. They were around for a few days. I don't think I've seen them since: does that mean they're gone on holidays again for Christmas?
Anyway, he was telling this girl how he told some guy he'd 'kick his f**king brains out his nose'.
I thought his language had a vivid quality to it.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
I know alot of he people that work in Ballyspillane resource centre, I feel for them .
But let's not pretend Ballyspillane, Ardshanavooley and other estates in Killarney are full of God fearing hard working types either.

One need only google "Ballyspillane crime" to see that it has had issues over the years. But I know a few who live there and they do make an effort, so it is a shame to see more trouble on their doorsteps.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Very true, however Killarney had escaped the Traveller feud madness. This had been confined to Tralee in recent years.
True yeah, it did get away lightly for this type of violence. I'd say even Castleisland had more aggro, for its size. Though Killarney always had a few families whose names pop up again and again, and whose kids are continuing the tradition.

johnny365

But let's not pretend Ballyspillane, Ardshanavooley and other estates in Killarney are full of God fearing hard working types either.

One need only google "Ballyspillane crime" to see that it has had issues over the years.
Yes it has as have most estates in provincial towns. I was merely pointing out that Killarney had avoided the widescale Traveller feuding that Tralee has experienced in recent years.

johnny365

True yeah, it did get away lightly for this type of violence. I'd say even Castleisland had more aggro, for its size. Though Killarney always had a few families whose names pop up again and again, and whose kids are continuing the tradition.
I always had a feeling that there was tendency to brush any trouble under the carpet in Killarney to protect the "Tourist trade".

Ramon Mercadar

Can the resident P.ie "yerra racist" brigade be long delayed ?
Yerra tacist.

Seriously though its not just travellers who engage in crime in Killarney.

Anti social behaviour should not be tolerated whether its by settled folk, afghan immigrants or travellers.

The Michael Quinn in the vid above: is he the Michael Quinn of the DRM? I've heard that he and John Kavanagh are settled travellers. They certainly challenge each other to bare knuckle fist fights.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Sometimes I yearn for the way it was back in the day when Gardai ruled with an iron fist and messing often resulted in thumps being handed out rather than summonses. I know people whinged and there was an element of abuse so now you get people demanding Garda numbers, threatening the Ombudsman etc. etc, but it just saved so much time and energy all round.

Trampas

Seriously though its not just travellers who engage in crime in Killarney.
No doubt.........but this thread is about "Travellers" in Killarney. Should you have evidence of large scale anti-social behaviour by non-Travellers in Killarney then you are of course free to start a thread on that.

johnny365

When I saw the cover of Kerry's Eye this morning I said to my Mammy!
I passed one of the foxy f**kers up the park, I dunno, must be a fortnight or so ago. They were around for a few days. I don't think I've seen them since: does that mean they're gone on holidays again for Christmas?
Anyway, he was telling this girl how he told some guy he'd 'kick his f**king brains out his nose'.
I thought his language had a vivid quality to it.
If only we could send them on holidays!!! Its Christmas and in festive cheer we welcome back to the town some of our more colourful and wonderful citizens on the wonderful Christmas release programme!!