• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Yet another U.K Menopausial Woman in Anti-Immigrant Rant. (Video)

Truth.ie

We had the woman in the tram, then another one in the tram, this time it's a hospital waiting room in Ipswich.
This time the target for the ire is some Spanish girls waiting patiently for the doctor.
LiveLeak.com - Woman rants at immigrants in hospital Ipswich UK
Why is it mostly middle-aged women in these rants?
My take on this.
She was bang out of order.
There are 1 million Brits (and considerable Irish) living in Spain and availing of the free medical care system there.
Most are elderly and more likely to be a burden on the Health system.
Also, how do she know the Spanish girl is working or not.
It's quite possible the Spanish girl is working (and paying taxes) and the loudmouth is on benefits.
Be nice to our Spanish visitors out there, folks.

Morgellons

She didn't sound very Spanish to me. I'd say this is going on all the time but it's only the few that get recorded.

Morgellons

Truth.ie

She didn't sound very Spanish to me. I'd say this is going on all the time but it's only the few that get recorded.
I think she asked one where she was from, and she answered "Spain".
She then asked another, who replied "what the feck do you want to know for."
Then it kicked off.

Glenshane4

There are 1 million Brits (and considerable Irish) living in Spain and availing of the free medical care system there.
Why should Brits who stay at home have to share their country with aliens just because other Brits have gone to live in Spain?

I object to the word "menopausal" in the title. How the hell do you know that she is? Once you've established that you may then proceed to proving a link between the menopause and vocal racism.

You're making a category error here. There is no correlation between the two.

To infer so is dangerous; you are implicitly explaining (and therefore allowing) people of a certain age to rant in a racist manner as a result of some assumed irrationality out of their control.

By doing so, you also dilute some of the common expressions of racism or racist acts by implying that some of them are a result of this.

Thirdly you are implying an irrationality on people of a certain age which is a result of their age and is independent of their ability to control their rational thoughts.

Finally, since menopause is most closely associated with women, you are being rather directed with your blame.

That's quite a feat; being an apologist for racism while condemning it and simultaneously being ageist and sexist!

That's some going.

Truth.ie

Jesus Christ, Des, the "menopausial" quip was tongue in cheek. I'm not Dougie Howser.
Stop being so "Right on".

Last edited:

KEYHOLE KATE

Menopausial? Pause a while before decidin that her hor-moans are any of your concern.
"Age shall not wither nor custom stale her infinite variety". There was post-menopausal pensioner Mrs. Gillian Duffy harangueing Gordon Brown about foreigners (and he lost the British election), there was another fine damsel (fertile) with her child letting off steam against foreigners on the London Underground (she then had to be jailed) and now some menopausal woman has been very rude about foreigners and should be placed in the stocks and pelted with large cucumbers, preferably by Bono.

Jesus Christ, Des, the "menopausial" quip was tongue in cheek.
You're giving her an excuse and doing so in a way that is offensive to women who may be going through the menopause (sic).

Language is important.

Don't you think that if you were someone going through the menopause (sic) that reading the thread title could cause you some reason to question whether women going through the menopause (sic) have become associated with the same attributes as that woman?

You don't think that that is an offensive portrayal of women?

The "menopausal woman" has been a cheap comedy prop used by many comedians over the years, but not really of late.

We've sort of moved on from that - with the exception (the incredibly successful exception) of Brendan O'Carroll.

To associate the two concepts of menopause (sic) and racism is truly offensive, though.

Grow up. You'll experience something similar at some stage. No doubt you'll laugh when as a result of your age and gender you are bracketed with racists.

"Ah, sure it's not their fault - they all think like that at their age."

KEYHOLE KATE

Jesus Christ, Des, the "menopausial" quip was tongue in cheek. I'm not Dougie Howser.
Maybe you're going through the male menopaws. Check it out with babe-magnet George Hook who has been promoting some product that makes you look like Beckham in his undies.

I should add my utter commitment that this sort of thing shouldn't be an arrest issue in any civilised country.

Lord Muck Savage

Would it not be better if good lady were to direct her anger towards those politicians who advocate the concept of open borders and uncontrolled immigration rather than some random individuals that she may happen to come across.
Joining and supporting the BNP would be a positive first step for her to take.

Truth.ie

You're giving her an excuse and doing so in a way that is offensive to women who may be going through the menopause (sic).

Language is important.

Don't you think that if you were someone going through the menopause (sic) that reading the thread title could cause you some reason to question whether women going through the menopause (sic) have become associated with the same attributes as that woman?

You don't think that that is an offensive portrayal of women?

The "menopausal woman" has been a cheap comedy prop used by many comedians over the years, but not really of late.

We've sort of moved on from that - with the exception (the incredibly successful exception) of Brendan O'Carroll.

To associate the two concepts of menopause (sic) and racism is truly offensive, though.

Grow up. You'll experience something similar at some stage. No doubt you'll laugh when as a result of your age and gender you are bracketed with racists.

"Ah, sure it's not their fault - they all think like that at their age."
Seems you're more offended than the Sisters here.
As I said it was tongue in cheek, and may I say you're making a big thing from nothing.
Menopause is not the N-word ffs and most women aren't so thin-skinned as yourself.
Maybe you should grow up.

Truth.ie

Would it not be better if good lady were to direct her anger towards those politicians who advocate the concept of open borders and uncontrolled immigration rather than some random individuals that she may happen to come across.
Joining and supporting the BNP would be a positive first step for her to take.
BNP are not against white Spanish immigrants.
She'd have to invent a new party.

The Owl

You are being hung by your own petard here Truth. There is no "i" in menopausal. The angry woman looked far too young to be going through the menopause and there was absolutely no need to use that term. So why use it? And it was not a quip. You wrote it several times, spelled it wrongly but still.......