• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Yippee - Recession is over

Cassandra Syndrome

Good old Aideen with her wee fairytales.

1. Retail sale VALUE is down from last. Only cars and furniture and lighting which were coming form practically zero were up.
2. The tax receipts were 10% lower than last year, reflecting a further 10% contraction in the economy.
3. And the live register figures? Aye
4. I see Fergie of IBEC, saying that consumption had increased as people have had more confidence since the budget. Thats right with the savings rates increasing, credit shrinking and incomes falling people where consuming more. Thats real deductive logic for you there.
5. If I see, thanks to the scrappage scheme one more time.... A government stimulus package created originally from taxing real wealth creation to throw at an import. A leakage made worse through a quango, poured back into the economy only to be leaked away again to Japan.

Nice writing Aideen, glad you see you are impartial and not in anyway a FF Gombeen.

firefly123

I have a lovely semi made completely of pyrite for sale in longford. Very convienient for the dublin commute. 400000 euro! Also if you buy now I will give you a discount on an apartment in chechnya.

alonso

Good old Aideen with her wee fairytales.

1. Retail sale VALUE is down from last. Only cars and furniture and lighting which were coming form practically zero were up.
It annoys the bejesus out of me the way the volume figure is the one that's not only quoted first in the media but reported first in the CSO documents. It's largely meaningless.

hammer

Retail sales in value cannot rise year on year for another 3 years at least. It doesn`t make sense.

Disposable income is LESS across the economy due to

1 435,000 + people unemployed. Income less
2 PS have taken a 10% - 15% pay cut
3 Private sector ( not all ) have taken various cuts
4 Income levy & health levy were introduced
5 Income levy was doubled
6 Mortgage rates are up .5%
7 Private healthcare is up

and soon to be introduced

1. Further mortgage rate increases
2. Water rates
3. Property tax
4. Home insurance price increase
5. Motor insurance price increase

Not to mention that tourist numbers are down 100,000 a month.
Not to mention that prices are down in supermarkets, pharmacy, convenience, department stores etc.........

Also the banks have stopped lending.

HOW THE ******************** could retail sales be up :) :) :)

hammer

Maybe next year we will finally realise that the calulation of

LIVE REGISTER - INFLATION - RETAIL SALES ETC. is utterly flawed.

Crap in. Crap out.

atlantic

Ha Ha Ha Ha

dónal na geallaí

I have a lovely semi made completely of pyrite for sale in longford. Very convienient for the dublin commute. 400000 euro! Also if you buy now I will give you a discount on an apartment in chechnya.
Pyrite is that lovely shtuff that looks just like gold isn't it firefly?

If tis near Loch Gowna I'll pay up,sure tis only a short helicopter ride to the railway at Edgeworthstown.Is the Salmon of Wisdom thrown in?

Eurocitizen

How dare they tell us we are coming out from recesssion, why would they do that to us ? are they trying to ruin our lives ? have they no consideration for the people who just love to moan and groan ? do they not appreciate that there are people who never want things to improve so as that everyone else can live a miserble life they always have?

Cassandra Syndrome

How dare they tell us we are coming out from recesssion, why would they do that to us ? are they trying to ruin our lives ? have they no consideration for the people who just love to moan and groan ? do they not appreciate that there are people who never want things to improve so as that everyone else can live a miserble life they always have?
Because they are constantly getting people's hopes up for their own selfish ends. This article comes out as 1,100 banks across the Eurozone are in a liquidity crisis and are facing bankruptcy.

If there was a positive direction in policies to steer us put of this mess, than yes we should all cheer. But there is not. Remember September 2008 post Lehman's crash? Its happening again only this time its entire nations rather than banks.

So these articles apart from applying a brief moment of gallows humour are inciteful to reactionary rage filled responses as their bury the head in the sand mentality and the avoidance of the grossly overweight elephant in the room overwhelms you.

bormotello

New anthem for Fianna Fail

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdLUV0hhYZY]YouTube - Tout Va Tres Bien Madame La Marquise[/ame]

james toney

Dont buy that paper,but i wll keep an eye out online, for future gems of hilarity by the said paper.
Im sure they wont disappoint.

The OD

Phew, thank god for that, I can now eat my caviar & truffle smeared smoked salmon without worrying where my next cuban cigar is coming from.....

GDPR

So far on yet another eejity thread we have not had anyone in business telling us that things are getting better or worse, we've just had those who would give or say anything to see their darkest prophecies come true. So to start the ball rolling I'm here to say I'm in business and yes business is getting better, year on year and month by month.

SideysGhost

So to start the ball rolling I'm here to say I'm in business and yes business is getting better, year on year and month by month.
Yeah we noticed the old propaganda/spin machine has been working overdrive since Christmas alright Tony.

Cassandra Syndrome

So far on yet another eejity thread we have not had anyone in business telling us that things are getting better or worse, we've just had those who would give or say anything to see their darkest prophecies come true. So to start the ball rolling I'm here to say I'm in business and yes business is getting better, year on year and month by month.
Speaks volumes Hal. "Me me me. I'm doing better, at least I think I am."

Do you care about the society we live in? Do you believe in altruism?

The future is not that difficult to predict. A screwed up banking system backed with paper money can only have one payoff outcome. Doom.

We now have an active volcano periodically halting trade, a mega catastrophe of an oil slick looming, and a financial tsunami 5 times bigger than Lehmans on top of all the dung that we had to begin with such as commercial and prime mortgage crisis and Dubai (remember that place)

How can you be an eejit or a dark prophet for knowing that the sh*t is going to hit the fan soon?

Our yields are 5.95% and thats what you you used to boast about how great our budget was being received internationally. I noticed that line has stopped of late.

You are out of ammo in trying to defend this sick and decrepid government and financial system and it is very obvious now.

D

Deleted member 17573

Speaks volumes Hal. "Me me me. I'm doing better, at least I think I am."

Do you care about the society we live in? Do you believe in altruism?

The future is not that difficult to predict. A screwed up banking system backed with paper money can only have one payoff outcome. Doom.

We now have an active volcano periodically halting trade, a mega catastrophe of an oil slick looming, and a financial tsunami 5 times bigger than Lehmans on top of all the dung that we had to begin with such as commercial and prime mortgage crisis and Dubai (remember that place)

How can you be an eejit or a dark prophet for knowing that the sh*t is going to hit the fan soon?

Our yields are 5.95% and thats what you you used to boast about how great our budget was being received internationally. I noticed that line has stopped of late.

You are out of ammo in trying to defend this sick and decrepid government and financial system and it is very obvious now.
Considering Tonic is speaking from personal experience of business, this must qualify for inclusion in the encyclopedia of "it's fine in practice but it'll never work in theory" scenarios:rolleyes:

Cassandra Syndrome

Considering Tonic is speaking from personal experience of business, this must qualify for inclusion in the encyclopedia of "it's fine in practice but it'll never work in theory" scenarios:rolleyes:
I can speak from the personal world of business as well, mr presumption. Do you know Tonic / Hal / tonys cyber MPD?

To make it in business in this country it helps being connected to the neofeudal system.

GDPR

Yep, so what's new?

You have shown yourself to constantly use embellishment & misrepresentation in an effort to try to bolster your opinions, you make up your own figures at the drop of a hat and on no basis whatsoever other than it suits your argument.

You are a poster of no consequence at all to me, you continue with your puffed up theories and I'll stick with my experience.