Yiz Has Lots Of Money and We want Some Of It!!

bactrian

Telstar 62

It's our 'culture', boss....

And it will pay for all the discrimination and racism we suffer at the hands
of the buffers....

Sesna

They should be afforded the same rights as every other hardworking, taxpayer in this country.

Niall996

Apparently some of our native ethnic minority build expensive halting sites . One would almost say that theirs are an 'ELITE' abodes, when one considers the value they place on them.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/traveller-families-seeking-up-to-800000-to-move-from-site-for-new-dublin-airport-runway-838597.html

These families want the DAA to pay them jointly somewhere €1.4Millions and €11.2 Millions so that the DAA can build on their own lands.
We get most of it back in excise duties.

farnaby

Sure. Give them compensation based on how much they invested in non-mobile assets, maintenance and development of the site. Then add any percentage they like to that sum - it won't make a difference, mathematically speaking.

Polybius

Seeking handouts and compo is their culture. We should be tolerant of other cultures.

Last edited:

BACKTOBASICS

Apparently some of our native ethnic minority build expensive halting sites . One would almost say that theirs are an 'ELITE' abodes, when one considers the value they place on them.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/traveller-families-seeking-up-to-800000-to-move-from-site-for-new-dublin-airport-runway-838597.html

These families want the DAA to pay them jointly somewhere €1.4Millions and €11.2 Millions so that the DAA can build on their own lands.

They describe themselves as Travellers, and yet claim they have been living there for upwards of 30 years!

The DAA, should sue them for trespassing on their land, but as always, the law is an ass, and the trespassers (due to their ethnic status) will be well looked after by free legal aid and misplaced political sympathy.

The Pavee Point Quango, set up by our politicians and paid for by taxpayers, will no doubt jump on this case.

Last edited:

Spanner Island

They should never have been allowed to stay on daa land in the first place.

I hope and trust that these chancers are told to go whistle for their bogus claims...

Fingal County Council said that an alternative site for the families is being sought at Coolquay.
...and if Coolquay doesn't suit them they can feck off and sort themselves out while being moved on fast wherever and whenever they inevitably decide to camp on public land...

Trainwreck

30 years of rent-free squatting isn't enough for them.

As a taxpayer, I would be happy for a couple of million to be spent on Gardaí overtime, to kick their fúcking arses off the land.

Spanner Island

The big old broad brush is out again, I see.
Blow the old whistle and the dogs will come.
Going by the relatively limited info in the link I don't see why anyone would support such compo claims.

They don't own the land they're living on... land that is needed to facilitate the new runway.

Other land is being sought to accommodate them on...

They're supposed to be Travellers and so shouldn't mind traveling a bit...

So going by that info... why would anyone support these chancers...?

Half Nelson

Trainwreck

The big old broad brush is out again, I see.
Blow the old whistle and the dogs will come.
A specific group - of travellers - demanding specific and enormous sums of money, in a blatant extortion, prompts comments about their specific behaviour.

Toland: "there goes the racists with their broad brush"

Man or Mouse

Man or Mouse

30 years of rent-free squatting isn't enough for them.

As a taxpayer, I would be happy for a couple of million to be spent on Gardaí overtime, to kick their fúcking arses off the land.
I can't understand why that isn't the first option anyway. Not another country in the world would tolerate that kind of behaviour.

Trainwreck

I can't understand why that isn't the first option anyway. Not another country in the world would tolerate that kind of behaviour.
Because, as Toland points out, that would be a blatant broad brush and a dog whistle to racists everywhere...

paulp

A specific group - of travellers - demanding specific and enormous sums of money, in a blatant extortion, prompts comments about their specific behaviour.

Toland: "there goes the racists with their broad brush"
Surely, the rule of law should apply here the same as for anyone else?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies