Yobs in Derry

Cruimh

Gritters return to parts of Derry after weekend attacks

Gritting lorries returned to parts of Londonderry on Monday night after community workers took to the streets to prevent more attacks on crews.
The evening service was withdrawn from Creggan and Gobnascale on Sunday after young people threw stones at gritting lorries
Hard to believe that these workers were stoned - what do you do with these kids ?

Purplestar

Its a problem across the province there is no doubt. Not only the gritters but also how the little scumbags can attack firemen is beyond me. It doesnt help when you get the do gooders on rationalising it by saying the kids have nothing to do. Parents have to take their share of responsibility in how their kids behave out in the street.

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
Gritters return to parts of Derry after weekend attacks

Hard to believe that these workers were stoned - what do you do with these kids ?
Well kids yobism is not just confined to Derry regretfully. But when you have the dirty lowlife parents from the unionist community in north Belfast spitting and cursing at little nationalist kids trying to walk to Holycross school - I think the unionist community would want to sort out their parents first before talking about kids and yobism don't you think Cruimh ?

Kids trying to go to Holycross School

Last edited:

fluffykontbiscuits

Well kids yobism is not just confined to Derry regretfully. But when you have the dirty lowlife parents from the unionist community in north Belfast spitting and cursing at little nationalist kids trying to walk to Holycross school - I think the unionist community would want to sort out their parents first before talking about kids and yobism don't you think Cruimh ?

Kids trying to go to Holycross School
Erm I dont see mention of any political aspect in Cruimhs post yet Slob yer trolling again....I dont see any correlation between the two articles?

DerryBee

I fail to see the relevance of this post, I think that Criumh's original post was aimed at promoting a discussion about youth social disorder, and was not connected to anything political.

Cruimh

Its a problem across the province there is no doubt. Not only the gritters but also how the little scumbags can attack firemen is beyond me. It doesnt help when you get the do gooders on rationalising it by saying the kids have nothing to do. Parents have to take their share of responsibility in how their kids behave out in the street.
Another story -

12-year-old boy attacked by van driver in Derry

Details skimpy but reading between the lines - "Snowballs were being thrown in the area at the time." - I'd say lobbing snowballs at passing traffic while anti-social is not in the same league as stoning fiiremen or gritters.

Just Jack

Engaging in a bit of snowballing is not something I would class as an anti social practise (within reason, I suppose) I reckon it’s more likely, that those doing so; merely think it of it as a spot of harmless banter. I can appreciate that.

Throwing stones though… well that’s a different matter entirely.

Easilydistracted

to be fair the post sounded honest enough to me and i cant sense any anti- nationalist sentiment coming through when he didnt even stick the L word in there infront of derry.....on topic though...theres not much that we can do about them, although i do agree that most of the blame should be with the parents, my ma woulda murdered me if she thought i was doing that. Everybody threw snowballs but i was in creggan sunday night and they were just standing in the middle of the road throwing snowballs at the car from about 3 foot away....no fear

Cruimh

to be fair the post sounded honest enough to me and i cant sense any anti- nationalist sentiment coming through when he didnt even stick the L word in there infront of derry.....on topic though...theres not much that we can do about them, although i do agree that most of the blame should be with the parents, my ma woulda murdered me if she thought i was doing that. Everybody threw snowballs but i was in creggan sunday night and they were just standing in the middle of the road throwing snowballs at the car from about 3 foot away....no fear
GRMA Easilydistracted.

Anglo Celt

Engaging in a bit of snowballing is not something I would class as an anti social practise (within reason, I suppose) I reckon it’s more likely, that those doing so; merely think it of it as a spot of harmless banter. I can appreciate that.
Harmless fun? come on Jack, it's pretty dangerous to fling a snow ball at a moving vehicle in conditions like that. Car crash at the very least and a serious injury or death of a driver or pedestrian at worst.

Just Jack

Harmless fun? come on Jack, it's pretty dangerous to fling a snow ball at a moving vehicle in conditions like that. Car crash at the very least and a serious injury or death of a driver or pedestrian at worst.
Hence why I said within reason…

I don’t consider snowball throwing to be on par or as dangerous as stone throwing. Surely you too, must have been slightly mischievous in your youth?

I was out driving in it today and I was hit by a little bugger in school uniform… I was a little startled, but I suppose it’s to be expected in the circumstances. I don’t think there was any real malice intended.

DerryBee

The only reason Cruimh posted the article is because of the location of the attacks,in a majority nationalist/republican city.
It is an attempt on cruimh's behalf to label all those in that community in Derry City as yobs.

Yet Unionist mouthpieces start whinging when Slab amd MickeyMac point out their hypocracy???

This website never ceases to amaze me.
I would like to point out that I live in Derry and I have many family relatives who live in the Creggan estate in the city: almost everybody in the Creggan area are outraged at the actions of the kids who have attacked the gritters firstly because it is another sign of social disorder but also because the lack of grit caused absolute havoc yesterday. This sort of social disorder occurs absolutely everywhere in our society and it is not merely confined to one area or another. I think that whatever your political opinion, which really ought to have no bearing upon this matter, we should be discussing what we should do with kids who engage in anti-social behaviour: what can we do as a society to better educate and engage children?

Mickeymac

:roll:

I stated that SlabMurphy's post was not relevant to this thread, but I do not believe that anyone was 'whinging' and I am certainly not a 'Unionist mouthpiece': do you seriously believe that everybody spilts into two seperate camps in regards to everything?...:roll:

They do sir.....in the sick counties of course, thought everyone was aware of that.

Take sport as only a single example, what you you come up with sir?

Hope you get my drift as I have no wish to go into the many examples of that.

DerryBee

They do sir.....in the sick counties of course, thought everyone was aware of that.

Take sport as only a single example, what you you come up with sir?

Hope you get my drift as I have no wish to go into the many examples of that.
Firstly, I am not a 'sir'...:roll:
Secondly, your statement is unfair, inaccurate and an example of how misconception plays a role in simply placing people into specific boxes of either being a nationalist or a unionist: this is both unhelpful and wrong.

Mickeymac

Firstly, I am not a 'sir'...:roll:
Secondly, your statement is unfair, inaccurate and an example of how misconception plays a role in simply placing people into specific boxes of either being a nationalist or a unionist: this is both unhelpful and wrong.

Your response sir has certainly got a 'head' 'sand' element attached to it.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that if McIlroy was playing Gmac in a final onionists would go for McIlroy and if ROI was playing the sick counties in soccer Nationalists would be rooting for the sick?....are you a comedian by any chance sir?:lol:

eoghanacht

Have the snowballs been decomissioned.

Republic32

I would like to point out that I live in Derry and I have many family relatives who live in the Creggan estate in the city: almost everybody in the Creggan area are outraged at the actions of the kids who have attacked the gritters firstly because it is another sign of social disorder but also because the lack of grit caused absolute havoc yesterday. This sort of social disorder occurs absolutely everywhere in our society and it is not merely confined to one area or another. I think that whatever your political opinion, which really ought to have no bearing upon this matter, we should be discussing what we should do with kids who engage in anti-social behaviour: what can we do as a society to better educate and engage children?
Ive witnessed the anti-social problems in Derry City first hand Bee, and i can understand that yourself and people in the West Bank are sick and tired of it.
I was not attacking you,and i know that you know alot more about it,than me.
The problem i have is with the unionist troll who tries to highlight every single incident in Nationalist/Republican majority areas.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies