Yobs in Derry

DerryBee

I was thinking about the fractures mate - I'll bet Altnagelvin has an increase in the numbers of orthopaedics cases and the most vulnerable are the elderly.
Yeah, my next door neighbour works in the casualty department of Altnagelvin and they have already seen a sharp increase in fractures due to the weather conditions: nasty shoulder, arm and ankle injuries mostly but also a case of a fractured skull. I can only imagine how vulnerable and isolated some older people feel in areas such as Gobnascale, the waterside Fountain estate and Creggan where there are such steep inclines. I certainly would not like to take a walk down Shipquay street at the moment.

Cruimh

Yeah, my next door neighbour works in the casualty department of Altnagelvin and they have already seen a sharp increase in fractures due to the weather conditions: nasty shoulder, arm and ankle injuries mostly but also a case of a fractured skull. I can only imagine how vulnerable and isolated some older people feel in areas such as Gobnascale, the waterside Fountain estate and Creggan where there is such steep inclines.
Sad thing is that it's not even cost effective to skimp on gritting - but of course gritting comes out of different budget to health. It would be overall probably be cost effective if transport for shopping was ensured during this sort of weather.

vinoboy

Now see gritters being attacked in Lougiel ,condemed by SDLP and in Ballymoney Times .Isa gritter now seen as an object of imperialism in these nationalist areas ? Or isit , hopefully , just anti social behaviour ,would like to see PSNI alsation dogs set upon these miscreants. If arrested . made to clear snow in their own areas or around OAP homes.(was te,pted to say PSNI homes to wind up SS)

Cruimh

Now see gritters being attacked in Lougiel ,condemed by SDLP and in Ballymoney Times .Isa gritter now seen as an object of imperialism in these nationalist areas ? Or isit , hopefully , just anti social behaviour ,would like to see PSNI alsation dogs set upon these miscreants. If arrested . made to clear snow in their own areas or around OAP homes.(was te,pted to say PSNI homes to wind up SS)
Bored kids with no sense of responsibility for their actions.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies