You cannot keep Fianna Fail down.

White Horse

Or you cannot raise the Irish people up.

Depends on which way you look at it.

StephenSlattery

Keep the comments and jibes coming from the Labour and Fine Gael underachievers it seems to increase public support for the ever supreme party.

zakalwe

old country expression:

Fianna Fail could sell children into slavery and still get 27% of the vote. goddam civil war politics!!!

StephenSlattery

Or Fianna Fail could run a country that would go on to become the richest in the world the jewel in the EU crown and the envy of every small country on this planet and still get 39% of the vote. Goddam fantstic policies and governing.

Johnny

zakalwe said:
old country expression:

Fianna Fail could sell children into slavery and still get 27% of the vote. goddam civil war politics!!!
A relative of mine used say that a Fianna Fáil leader could publicly beat Mother Theresa and still secure a 38% core vote. :lol:

Ponzi

StephenSlattery said:
Or Fianna Fail could run a country that would go on to become the richest in the world the jewel in the EU crown and the envy of every small country on this planet and still get 39% of the vote. Goddam fantstic policies and governing.

I think you are confusing debt with wealth. The Irish are among the most indebted people on Earth. But you are right we do deserve Fianna Fail in a 'serves us right' kinda way.

Biffo

StephenSlattery said:
You tell em Stephen.

Respvblica

StephenSlattery said:
Once again Bertie arises like a phoenix from the ashes.
The FF oligarchy is currently comfortably well ahead of the opposition and will probably rule the country for 70% of the next century. Apart from being the most consumate political group they are also helped by actually doing a pretty decent job in the economy.
The Oligarchy will not really be toppled unless the system receives a major shock. For that reason most of the self-intersted or interest groups are best served by cozying up to it.
My kind of party would rebuke that kind of behavior and although not perfect FG are furthest in the direction of patriotic and peaceful republicanism. I dont care about joining the oligarchy. I just want my elected representatives to do their civic republican duty.

Jozer

You can't keep them fingers out of that till.

tonys

Johnny said:
Respvblica said:
The Oligarchy will not really be toppled unless the system receives a major shock.
:shock:
It’s a sad day when the only thing you can hope for to save your failed economic policies is a property crash.

FakeViking

Respvblica said:
StephenSlattery said:
Once again Bertie arises like a phoenix from the ashes.
The FF oligarchy is currently comfortably well ahead of the opposition and will probably rule the country for 70% of the next century. Apart from being the most consumate political group they are also helped by actually doing a pretty decent job in the economy.
The Oligarchy will not really be toppled unless the system receives a major shock. For that reason most of the self-intersted or interest groups are best served by cozying up to it.
My kind of party would rebuke that kind of behavior and although not perfect FG are furthest in the direction of patriotic and peaceful republicanism. I dont care about joining the oligarchy. I just want my elected representatives to do their civic republican duty.
What a horrible thought! I'm going to log onto RyanLingus next.

If Bertie the Bung Taker wasn't bad enough (after 10 years as misLeader he still can't clearly read a prepared speech) he surrounds himself with yes men like the Wicklow Windbag, Cullen (breathtakingly incompetent), Hanafin the waffler, ...

and yet people say the outgoing opposition aren't competent to take power!

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Johnny said:
Respvblica said:
The Oligarchy will not really be toppled unless the system receives a major shock.
:shock:
Well don't pin your hopes too much in that quarter it seems to be a soft landing.

Thar an Phail

StephenSlattery said:
Right on.

Sidewinder

FutureTaoiseach said:
Well don't pin your hopes too much in that quarter it seems to be a soft landing.
Woot! We Irish are so cool that under this truly magical FF/FP kleptocracy we have achieved the first soft landing from a speculative asset bubble in known history!

:roll:

Though even if the pyramid scheme does collapse before the election, you lot will still somehow fool the mugs into believing that "only FF/PD can guide us through the economic chaos (that they created)". I despair. In the last 5 years we've seen our competitive position collapse, our real wealth-generating and export industries wither, a whole generation get stuck in mind-boggling levels of private debt, we're stuck with a bloated, inefficient public sector, and absolutely no concrete work as been done whatsoever in terms of positioning Ireland for the great challenges of the next 20 years i.e. sustainable energy security and building up indigenous wealth-creating export industries in emerging fields.

Damn this administration of fools, thieves and chancers. Not that FG/Lab seem to be offering any real change or any real vision. But on past form, another 5 years of FF/PD rule and this country will be bankrupt with no viable wealth-creating industry left at all!

Coles

StephenSlattery said:
Goddam fantstic policies and governing.
Yes indeed! We've got a Health service that is the envy of the world! People are dying to use it every day! And as for our property bubble? Way bigger and potentially disasterous than any other on Earth! Well done StephenSlattery for maintaining your enthusiasm!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies