Young People Today

statsman

Would you believe it, these young Irish rocker thugs only went and helped rescue some complete strangers from a house fire. What is the world coming to?

Heroic Irish rock band save children from devastating US house fire - Independent.ie

Would you look at the cut of them?

The band, who come from Kildare and Longford, were staying with friends in Atlantic City, New Jersey as part of a US tour when the house they were sleeping in went on fire. Having escaped, they then went to the aid of a family, including five children, who were in the basement apartment.

They are donating the proceeds from their band merchandise to a fundraiser to help those left homeless, and there is also a Go Fund Me page set up for the same purpose.

[Edit] Padded to please Cato. ;)

Last edited:

dizillusioned

Stats, look at pictures of yourself at that age...I know I looked horrendous...never judge a book by its cover...especially a young book

statsman

Stats, look at pictures of yourself at that age...I know I looked horrendous...never judge a book by its cover...especially a young book
They look tame compared to what I looked like at that age.

Cato

Stats, I like the point you're making, hell I'm even mildly fond of you, but that OP may need a bit of padding before the mods, in full Nemesis mode, fall upon it.

That being said, I'm a Scouter (Scout leader) and I have quite a bit of admiration for young people (and in particular for my Scouts and Venture Scouts - a great bunch). Sure there's idiocy and laziness among the young, but if there is, it is my generation and the one before me that created the milleu they grew up in (TV, iPads, &c. as babysitters and the main source of entertainment, the horror that many parents show towards any risk).

Cellachán Chaisil

Sic tempora, sic mores.

enuffisenuff

Those young people prob have more integrity than the clowns running the country

statsman

Stats, I like the point you're making, hell I'm even mildly fond of you, but that OP may need a bit of padding before the mods, in full Nemesis mode, fall upon it.

That being said, I'm a Scouter (Scout leader) and I have quite a bit of admiration for young people (and in particular for my Scouts and Venture Scouts - a great bunch). Sure there's idiocy and laziness among the young, but if there is, it is my generation and the one before me that created the milleu they grew up in (TV, iPads, &c. as babysitters and the main source of entertainment, the horror that many parents show towards any risk).
Duly padded. While we're at it, you're not the worst yourself.

statsman

And which bathroom would they use?

Oooooh-er - amazing they used that picture - the chick (sic) HAS A FEG!
She's a rebel, don't you know?

che schifo

And which bathroom would they use?

Oooooh-er - amazing they used that picture - the chick (sic) HAS A FEG!
The one on the right of the picture looks like he needs a good feed, all skin, bones and leather so he is. And a haircut.

sic transit

No different to people of other ages and kudos to the happy bunch in the OP. We are social animals and empathise with others, regardless of what tribe we think we belong to. Lots of time for kids of today, with their energy, brio and even when they've got the 'ump!

Bea C

Sher between ten and twenty-five I looked terrible.
Most people do as teenagers, for Christ sake.
I dunno if it's good for you, character development wise, to be stunning during those years?

former wesleyan

To paraphrase Oscar, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to have a giggle at the thought of yer man getting cremated for the second time.

RodShaft

Sher between ten and twenty-five I looked terrible.
Most people do as teenagers, for Christ sake.
I dunno if it's good for you, character development wise, to be stunning during those years?
Sher my first girlfriend had hair down to her arse at that stage.

Of course, it started at her armpits.petunia

redacted

Heroes. I commend their bravery and self-less thinking.

Not sure what their appearance has to do with it.

Ireniall

Would you believe it, these young Irish rocker thugs only went and helped rescue some complete strangers from a house fire. What is the world coming to?

Heroic Irish rock band save children from devastating US house fire - Independent.ie

Would you look at the cut of them?

The band, who come from Kildare and Longford, were staying with friends in Atlantic City, New Jersey as part of a US tour when the house they were sleeping in went on fire. Having escaped, they then went to the aid of a family, including five children, who were in the basement apartment.

They are donating the proceeds from their band merchandise to a fundraiser to help those left homeless, and there is also a Go Fund Me page set up for the same purpose.

[Edit] Padded to please Cato. ;)
I wouldn't want to be rescued by anybody who looked like that!

Rural

Heroes. I commend their bravery and self-less thinking.

Not sure what their appearance has to do with it.
I agree.

Judging anyone on what they look like, how they dress or the car they drive is nonsense and it also limits your experience of getting to know many different and interesting people.

Well done to this group of young people, heroes!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies