• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Youngest Guantanamo victim 'confesses'

Baron von Biffo

Omar Khadr who was 15 when he captured and locked up in the hellish Guantanamo camp has 'confessed' to various crimes at a US military show trial. It's almost certain that he was tortured over and above being held without charge, trial or rights during his childhood so there's not a civilised country in the world that would accept the validity of the confession.

washingtonpost.com

imokyrok

Omar Khadr who was 15 when he captured and locked up in the hellish Guantanamo camp has 'confessed' to various crimes at a US military show trial. It's almost certain that he was tortured over and above being held without charge, trial or rights during his childhood so there's not a civilised country in the world that would accept the validity of the confession.

washingtonpost.com
And sadly since he is not being prosecuted in a civilised country his "confession" will likely have pretty dire consequences for him.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
And sadly since he is not being prosecuted in a civilised country his "confession" will likely have pretty dire consequences for him.

Even Canada, known for lavish dhimmitude don't want him back. He is a committed jihadist from a family of medievally violent jihadists who want to kill you and people like you. Which part of this story are you having difficulty coming to terms with?

Civilized?

Here are American soldiers trying to save his life moments after he murdered one of their comrades:

His side would have cut his head off and dragged him through the streets. Some of the mindless anti-american braying on this site really makes me feel sick.

hiding behind a poster

washingtonpost.com
Do you even know what a show trial is, or did you just use the phrase because you heard it somewhere and thought it sounded cool?

CarnivalOfAction

Do you even know what a show trial is, or did you just use the phrase because you heard it somewhere and thought it sounded cool?
Isn't that what the FG/LP coalition presided over when "convicting" Nicky Kelly, Osgur Breathnach & Brian McNally? Y'know, with forced "confessions", lies as evidence, sleeping judges & all that mullarky, no?

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Any evidence?
Of what? I know you seem to operate best with received opinion, but in this case, if you don't know the circumstances of this case either 1) try to refrain from displaying your ignorance of it in such a public forum or 2) read up on it yourself.

Ta,

Kevin.

EDIT: Sorry. That's a little harsh. I am assuming triteness on your behalf. Perhaps I am wrong.

Last edited:

L'Chaim

washingtonpost.com
What makes you think he's lying with his confession?

Green eyed monster

What makes you think he's lying with his confession?
You stay in jail and continue to be tortured using the 'no blood no foul' methodology.. until you confess.

In normal criminal proceedings, if they have strong evidence against you they induce you to confess to save the court time - in this instance they are all presumed guilty and can receive some relative 'leniency' if they 'admit' that 'guilt' with there usually being no real 'evidence' against them, it's justice turned upside down.

Not that the concept of 'justice' in this instance resonates with me, i reject the right of these foreigners to try any of them. I actually commend the efforts of any Iraqis or Afghans who fought the invaders of their countries. So many people butchered for oil and for the right of powers thousands of miles away to dictate to these people how they should live. And your own Israel is as bad of course.

L'Chaim

You stay in jail and continue to be tortured using the 'no blood no foul' methodology.. until you confess.

In normal criminal proceedings, if they have strong evidence against you they induce you to confess to save the court time - in this instance they are all presumed guilty and can receive some relative 'leniency' if they 'admit' that 'guilt' with there usually being no real 'evidence' against them, it's justice turned upside down.

Not that the concept of 'justice' in this instance resonates with me, i reject the right of these foreigners to try any of them. I actually commend the efforts of any Iraqis or Afghans who fought the invaders of their countries. So many people butchered for oil and for the right of powers thousands of miles away to dictate to these people how they should live. And your own Israel is as bad of course.
My only problem with your post is that there's a lot of assumptions. Maybe he was telling the truth.

oh and throw in Israel as well. That's always good for effect

ne0ica

washingtonpost.com
Lets be honest here. He wasn't some boyscout arrested shop lifting. The poor young fella is a deluded juhadist. I would give him a few slaps too if it knocked some sence into him.

niropiro

I have no sympathy for this little puke stain.
The jihadists have killed tens of thousands of people - the overwhelming majority of the Iraqi dead were killed by jihadists in endless suicide bombings in streets and market places.
Tens of thousands of Sudanese were murdered by jihadists.
During the 1990's tens of thousands of Algerians were butchered by jihadists.
Jihadists have killed thousands in Chechnya and the Caucus - the most infamous example was the Beslan massacre when hundreds of children were slaughtered.
Hamas and Hezbollah have demonstrated their determination to destroy the state of Israel and have made no secret about their genocidal ambition of a second Holocaust of the Jewish people.
The jihadists are continuously plotting new 9/11's.
It was sheer luck that only 3,000 were killed - the hijacker planned to killed tens of thousands if possible.
The spread of weapons of mass destruction and the emergence of more nuclear powered but politically unstable nations means that there is a real threat that terrorists may get their hands on them and undoubtedly would use them.
These terrorist animals need to be exterminated.
Simple as that.
Thankfully 9/11 was 9 years ago and is fading into memory.
But the terrorist jihadists around the world seek a repeat.
It is only the dogged secretive efforts of intelligence services and soldiers fighting on the front line who are preventing this from happening.
The mood of anti-war sentiment and sympathy of the plight of terrorist detainees is only possible while the bubble of security we take for granted is maintained.
If a 9/11 was happening ever month we would have a much different view.

Baron von Biffo

Of what? I know you seem to operate best with received opinion, but in this case, if you don't know the circumstances of this case either 1) try to refrain from displaying your ignorance of it in such a public forum or 2) read up on it yourself.

Ta,

Kevin.

EDIT: Sorry. That's a little harsh. I am assuming triteness on your behalf. Perhaps I am wrong.
Of the claims you made against the young man who's been held in hellish conditions since his childhood by a regime known for torturing its captives.

hiding behind a poster

Isn't that what the FG/LP coalition presided over when "convicting" Nicky Kelly, Osgur Breathnach & Brian McNally? Y'know, with forced "confessions", lies as evidence, sleeping judges & all that mullarky, no?
No.

Baron von Biffo

Still no one with evidence of any crime at all committed by the child Khadr let alone anything that merited his detention for 1/3 of his life to date and a sentence of the same again.

I mentioned this thread to someone today and he said that defenders of this victim would be thin on the ground as people fear they would be denied US visas in the future if they were critical of the Washington regime. A sad comment on how low we've sunk.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Still no one with evidence of any crime at all committed by the child Khadr let alone anything that merited his detention for 1/3 of his life to date and a sentence of the same again.

I mentioned this thread to someone today and he said that defenders of this victim would be thin on the ground as people fear they would be denied US visas in the future if they were critical of the Washington regime. A sad comment on how low we've sunk.
You sit there, throwing amnesty shapes and pointing your finger at people who disagree with your non-position (you can't hold one if you have no grasp of the facts at hand) accusing them of being craven in the face of losing out on some visa. More evidence of the paranoid and childish vision of the US as being some omnipotent monster.

I'm not going to do your research for you and I suggest you broaden your sources of news. If you are content to remain ignorant and then sit there demanding to have an opinion without actually bothering to do the research I am not going to engage with you. Believe me, I am spoiling for a fight on this story but arguing with someone who doesn't know the facts is shadow boxing.

And all the time, claiming the high moral ground. It's genuinely pathetic.

Baron von Biffo

You sit there, throwing amnesty shapes and pointing your finger at people who disagree with your non-position (you can't hold one if you have no grasp of the facts at hand) accusing them of being craven in the face of losing out on some visa. More evidence of the paranoid and childish vision of the US as being some omnipotent monster.

I'm not going to do your research for you and I suggest you broaden your sources of news. If you are content to remain ignorant and then sit there demanding to have an opinion without actually bothering to do the research I am not going to engage with you. Believe me, I am spoiling for a fight on this story but arguing with someone who doesn't know the facts is shadow boxing.

And all the time, claiming the high moral ground. It's genuinely pathetic.
Wow, that's quite a rant when all I asked for was some evidence in support of your claims.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies