• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Your 2013 Predictions

Partizan

Right folks, its that time of year again and presumably if the world does not end this day week, Friday 21st December, get your predictions for the coming year here. I want predictions of an economic and political nature here from both Ireland, UK, Europe and further afield.

2013 promises to be an eventful year in terms of the fallout of the Budget, unemployment, emigration, deepening eurozone crisis and the deteriorating events in the Middle East. So step up to the plate and pile everything in.

Analyzer

I reckon that Baldy Noonan and dwarf will bring in a supplementary budget before April Fool's Day. State finances will plummet. Dwarf will produce an upbeat assessment of an unfolding debacle, as if the indications are that everything is fine.

Kenny will be on the cover of Economist magazine. (proving that Economist Magazine are as clueless as Time). Another false dawn.

Also I expect the ECB to trip the Bond Market into manic mood. Barrosso will blame Wall Street, the Chinese, the Russians, the Indians, the Iranians, the Eskimos, etc...

France will become insolvent. Maybe we should get behind plans from Brussels to bounce France into a bailout. Payback time, mes amis.

The Chinese leadership will flatly refuse to bailout EU malaise.

Syria will fall to the Sunni supremicists, and the West will have another headache on it's hands. Once again Western Intelligence Agencies will be proven clueless in regards to matters relating to the Middle East, and the Russians (along with China, and India) will be proven correct.

Black Swan event : A honey trap for EU Commission officials will catch them collecting bribes. Don't worry. It will not be covered by the Irish media. Officially there is no corruption in Brussels.

Last edited:

harshreality

We will copy 2012 and paste it onto 2013.

There will be a little more austerity a little more grumbling a few more Labour politicians who will sit in the corner sulking with their €92k.

Growth will be conspicuous by its absence etc.

ruserious

Alara will be banned.
John Biffo will return.
CyP will return to MODdom.
TFM will become Pope and declare war on Malta.
Analyzer will say Pravda.
Toxic Avenger will set up a thread about trolls.

And...John Drennan will call us all gowls.

Bill

Clare and Mick to marry?

Jack White

Alara will be banned.
John Biffo will return.CyP will return to MODdom.
TFM will become Pope and declare war on Malta.
Analyzer will say Pravda.
Toxic Avenger will set up a thread about trolls.

And...John Drennan will call us all gowls.
Surely you'd know :lol:

Didn't he used to be In the Bunker....Returning Fire! too ? :lol:

louis bernard

The Dáil will attempt to legislate for the X case and all hell will break loose. Far more deputies will be lost overboard than were lost because of the budget.
The public finances will deteriorate further and there will be serious calls to scrap the Croke Park agreement.

zakalwe1

Clermont for the Heineken Cup
Leinster for the Amlin Cup
City for the premiership
England for the 6 Nations
Lions will lose the series against Australia

oh and the Euro will finally not be accepted for my cup of coffee

Crazy horse 6

We will still be seeing the same green shoots as in 2008, as in none.

We will still be told we must cut and tax our way out of this depression even though you can't and it's never been done in the history of the EU.

This site will still be full of delusional people who think the household charge is going to help in their area instead of going to pay off bank gambling debts.

We will still be told that we can't tax rich people because they all will leave the country.

gerhard dengler

I think that we will see economic activity continue to contract in Ireland.

I think unemployment will remain pretty much static.
I think property prices will fall further and the onset of the property tax will exacerbate this fall.
I predict that economic growth for 2013 will be between 0.5% to 0.75%.
The number of people in mortgage arrears will grow.
I think NAMA will make a loss in 2013 (which we won't find out about until late 2014).

I predict we might see some movement in the case in the case against former Anglo Ireland bankers.

On a wider context, I think we will see more turmoil in the Middle East (Egypt, Syria and israel)

Bill

The Dáil will attempt to legislate for the X case and all hell will break loose. Far more deputies will be lost overboard than were lost because of the budget.
The public finances will deteriorate further and there will be serious calls to scrap the Croke Park agreement.
yay, more abortion threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies