• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Your Country Your Call

barrym

Jaysus David, get a life, I am worried about you, have you nothing better to do than wade through that crap? Nearly as bad as the hymne nationale we were required to listen to in the Stade de France...

Call me cynical, but wtf is it supposed to achieve?

I have just posted about anger and how to corral it; maybe this will be the catalyst??

Bye, Barry

Cassandra Syndrome

Proposal 1: Dismantle all forms of Fractional Reserve Banking and liberalise the industry by initiating the Free Banking Model.

Proposal 2: Set up our own currency backed by Gold.

I'd doubt them proposals will get past the dustbin, but it will beat "Building a tunnel to England using the conctrete from the oversupply of houses" and "lets develop a Smart Economy based on Information Technology"....

G

Gadjodilo

God, no. Whatever we do, let's not think positively and consider the possibility that we might have the talents to solve our problems. Because then we might actually solve them and we'd have nothing to whine about.

There's a certain class of poster on this site whose vanity is of such narcissistic proportions that they'd rather see this country go down the tubes than have their own perpetually negative world-view proved wrong.

riker1969

Thanks for that David-its easy to be cynical so why not give it a go? Was good to see Grainne Seoige again too!

setanta

What utter bullsh!t ... I'm astonished to see Christy Moore, who should know better, lending his name to this luvvie sh!te.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Wake me up once a single banker has been arrested. Otherwise, this is more of the same old Ideas Campaign let's-pat-ourselves-on-the-pack ********************e (remember that?).

P.

anewbeginning

I vaguely remember the ideas campaign and how it hit a brick wall when it reached the office of Brian Cowen and sank like a lead balloon.

Cassandra Syndrome

God, no. Whatever we do, let's not think positively and consider the possibility that we might have the talents to solve our problems. Because then we might actually solve them and we'd have nothing to whine about.

There's a certain class of poster on this site whose vanity is of such narcissistic proportions that they'd rather see this country go down the tubes than have their own perpetually negative world-view proved wrong.
Remember this?

Or this?

What wonderful policies caused from the above has had the effect of the reversal of the evaporation of wealth in this country.

Do you seriously think the Neo Feudalists will implement the rightfully strategy in which the market is allowed to let the peasants enjoy the fruits of their production?

I want my country to succeed, but that is impossible in the current paradigm.

TradCat

Wasn't there some ideas thing last year? I vaguely recall it being discussed here and the people saying it was stupid being howled down for not being positive. I wonder what happened to it.

Just remember that the working man , as Marx said, has no country. The private sector worker is being rogered by the vested interests in this state. PS unions, Banks and the political class.

This attempt by unidentified people to distract us with "all in it together" claptrap should be laughed out of court and will be by all but the feeble minded.

See you next year for the next piece of crud.

CookieMonster

Who is behind this?

setanta

Wasn't there some ideas thing last year? I vaguely recall it being discussed here and the people saying it was stupid being howled down for not being positive. I wonder what happened to it.

Just remember that the working man , as Marx said, has no country. The private sector worker is being rogered by the vested interests in this state. PS unions, Banks and the political class.

This attempt by unidentified people to distract us with "all in it together" claptrap should be laughed out of court and will be by all but the feeble minded.

See you next year for the next piece of crud.
+1

Cassandra Syndrome

Who is behind this?
Corporate - State fused entity of some sort trying to convey an act of kindness and empathy. The same a battered wife receives flowers on the rare occasion from her psychopathic husband (or indeed the other way around).

Edo

Jaysis - not another Quango assisted Astroturf campaign to get us to put our thinking caps on for the benefit of..................

What happened the "brilliant" ideas campaign from last year eh?

More PRO and advertising industry sh^te from well paid individuals trying to justify their own existence - it all reminds me of that episode in the Simpsons where Homer is trying to come up with a brilliant invention to save his financial ass.................

Anyway - heres the bit on intellectual property

http://www.yourcountryyourcall.com/tc.html

7. Intellectual property
6.1 As a Participant, you (and, where you enter as part of a Team, each member of your Team) represent and warrant that:
(a) all your registration information is complete, accurate and truthful;
(b) no person or entity (including, without limitation, your employer) other than you has any right, title or interest in any part of your Proposal;
(c) each Proposal, the use thereof by the Promoter or the exercise by the Promoter of any of the rights
granted by you under these Competition Terms, does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation Intellectual Property Rights (as defined in Section 7 below) or any contractual or other rights;
(d) your entire Proposal is an original work by you, and you have all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Proposal and to grant all of the rights that you have granted hereunder;
(e) you (and any Proposals made by you) shall at all times comply with the then current version of the Site’s Acceptable Use Policy;
(f) you will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any Proposal or content that contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware (including, without limitation, the Site); and
(g) you are not submitting any confidential, proprietary, or trade secret information of any third party.
7.1 As a Participant, in consideration of entry into the Competition you grant to the Promoter, its representative and agents a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, unemcumbered, royalty-free, fully paid up, non-exclusive license under all of Participant’s Intellectual Property Rights in the Proposal (as defined below) to:
(a) review, assess, test, evaluate, analyze or otherwise consider the Proposal and any other information provided for the Competition;
(b) use, make, reproduce and have reproduced all or any part of the Proposal;
(c) revise, alter, modify, improve or otherwise make derivative works of the Proposal; and
(d) sublicense and authorize the granting of sublicenses by the Promoter of all of the license rights granted to the Promoter in this Section 7.1.
The above licence shall remain in effect for the duration of your participation and involvement in the Competition and shall automatically terminate at the end of your involvement in the Competition.. Notwithstanding the foregoing licence (and other than with respect to the transfer of all Intellectual Property Rights in the winning Proposals by the winning Participants to the Promoter, on the terms described in Clause 7.2 below), you retain ownership of all of your Intellectual Property Rights in your Proposal.
Thanks - but I think I'll pass.

Raketemensch

Remember this?

Or this?

What wonderful policies caused from the above has had the effect of the reversal of the evaporation of wealth in this country.

Do you seriously think the Neo Feudalists will implement the rightfully strategy in which the market is allowed to let the peasants enjoy the fruits of their production?

I want my country to succeed, but that is impossible in the current paradigm.
+99
What a load of sh1te?
How much taxpayers money is paying for this?
Which FF relative-owned PR agencies are coining it with this insult to our intelligence?

liamfoley

Who is behind this?
Exactly what I was thinking, the website is not clear, the only name I saw behind it was David Byrne. If it is a government department it is not clear which or who. Maybe Mary Coughlan :).

Raketemensch

My country my call, eh? My call is to stop paying the wages of all TDs, senior civil servants and top bankers. Right now. What does everyone think of that?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies