• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Your Dream Cabient/ Your Dream National Government

Who would make up your dream cabinet or your dream national government?

atlantic

5 good business people and 1 good accountant.

watchbudgie

For a start I would want me as Taosieach! the rest is irrelevant really, so long as they think I am great.

Just following a long FF tradition really.

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49

flamez911

Scrap any nationality requirement, appoint Tony Benn as taoiseach.

itchy

That photo reminds me of what one of Berties friends said during that documentary called "Bertie" on RTE. I think it may have been Joe Burke. He said " When Bertie looks at himself in the mirror he probably has to ask himself "Do I know you?".

It sums him up. I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog around the block.

Dream cabinet - Britney Spears and Cat Power. Mary Harney as chief spoofer.

Aj1990

Gerry Adams as taoiseach. The rest would be members of RSF.

HOPE4EIRE

Sorry to drag up an old tread but seen as I don't have the required amount of posts needed to enable me to start a thread I found this one and decided to bump it up.
I was going to ask this question myself. What I am looking for is a list of people you think would do a good job. Examples I had were Fergus Finlay or Fr Sean Healy for possible ministers of Social Protection. Also I think that Emily o Reilly would be just the right person for minister of Justice and Law reform. I am not looking for jokes but if you feel the need to, fire away.

Last edited:

HOPE4EIRE

I heard George Hook mention that Michael O Leary offered to take on the role of minister for Health. He said he would take up the position without pay and promised to sort out the HSE within 5 years!

eoghanacht

Sen. Shane Ross
McWilliams
Constance G. (can never remember his name)
Dr. Somerville
Patrick Honohan.

That should be the team negociating with the IMF/ECB