• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Your Filling is Killing?

Twin Towers

Mercury is considered the most toxic substance to the human body after plutonium.

Yet most of us have a mouthful of it sitting there in the perfect distribution spot being munched, crunched, ground up, brushed vigorously and vaporizing in a sluice of saliva two inches from our brain.

Could mercury fillings be the lead baths of our time?

Feckkit

Mercury is considered the most toxic substance to the human body after plutonium.

Yet most of us have a mouthful of it sitting there in the perfect distribution spot being munched, crunched, ground up, brushed vigorously and vaporizing in a sluice of saliva two inches from our brain.

Could mercury fillings be the lead baths of our time?

Ask Mercurial :lol:

CookieMonster

I have one filling and its resin. I didn't want mercury in my mouth.

CookieMonster

That's what happens when you eat too many cookies.
You have no idea how freaky I am on oral hygiene. My dentist was more shocked that I had a cavity than I was.

Brera

Feckkit

Apparently, if you break one of those new-fangled bulbs (ha ha) you need to declare a state of emergency, notify the dog warden, put red flags out your window and pay thousands to someone with a six-month diploma to remove the debris - such is the sheer toxicity from the unleashed mercury.

I actually had several of these fillings from around age 10, but as far as I know they all fell out, over time, and I've been getting saner ever since.

Haven't I ?

imokyrok

I had a strange dentist as a teenager who thought it a good idea to fill all my back teeth after I'd finished with braces. Therefore I have had several mercury fillings for over thirty years. I have often thought of having them removed but that in itself can expose one to increased mercury. Dentists always insist they are safe but I remain unconvinced and wonder how such a neurotoxin could ever be considered safe.

Twin Towers

I actually had several of these fillings from around age 10, but as far as I know they all fell out, over time, and I've been getting saner ever since.

Haven't I ?
Did they fall in or fall out?

S

Science Ninja

I can recommend hubba bubba for mercury amalgam filling removal :)

gloria

I had a strange dentist as a teenager who thought it a good idea to fill all my back teeth after I'd finished with braces. Therefore I have had several mercury fillings for over thirty years. I have often thought of having them removed but that in itself can expose one to increased mercury. Dentists always insist they are safe but I remain unconvinced and wonder how such a neurotoxin could ever be considered safe.
I also have mercury fillings for the last 30 years, I have also smoked for 30 years.. I have never had an antibiotic and I am the only person I know that doesn't get sick, Everybody I meet recently is complaining about being sick and getting bugs (I am of course touching wood!!)

Feckkit

Did they fall in or fall out?

One definitely fell out; I remember wondering what it was for awhile - and I think one may have been evicted by an enthusiastic dentist about ten years ago.

My own feeling on it is that they're not a good idea.

I don't have a link, but, I remember reading that when silver-plating and silver-gilding first became fashionable, fatalaties among silversmiths (at young ages) went up because of 'mercury-dust' which was a by-product of the process.

Brera

You need to have a dentist that knows what he's doing or you will actually end up putting more mercury into your body.

It does baffle the mind that it is seen as safe to place a neurotoxin in your mouth !

gatsbygirl20

I have root canals, crowns, veneers, titanium implants.......

So much money has gone into my mouth that it's making me ill with Dental Rip-Off Syndrome.......I cannot chew or indeed eat because of Dental Poverty....

My dentist wore a lead apron when removing an old mercury filling--- which had me a bit worried.

The dentists are gung-ho for replacing the mercury fillings with amalgam. Amalgam only lasts ten years or something so there's a good living to be made replacing them continually...

Not that one wants to be too cynical. I owe my killer smile to my very skilled dentist, but oh, the money..!

Cruimh