You're favourite Sunday Mass newspaper

hellhathno

I haven't seen anything on this in a long time, but what's you're favourite newspaper at Sunday mass. Is it

the Universe
the Irish Catholic

or

Alive

As for me, I think i'm more of an Alive reader. It is more of a wild ride type of newspaper and is not afraid to take on our modern secular society like the other two. But the other two are good descent catholic newspapers.

Whats you're favourite newspaper at mass?

TommyO'Brien

Given your views no wonder you read the tripe that is Alive! Blank toilet paper has more intellectual depth than that rag.

hellhathno

Given your views no wonder you read the tripe that is Alive! Blank toilet paper has more intellectual depth than that rag.
Such a holy publication with much to teach, influence and inform towards the greater benefit of our lord is no piece of toilet paper. Those disgusting magazines with the women are toilet paper for a society gone morally bankrupt, and out of touch with its spiritual side. Alive it the key to a better media and way of reading for everybody. And it's free to- cool!! :D

D

Deleted member 17573

Such a holy publication with much to teach, influence and inform towards the greater benefit of our lord is no piece of toilet paper. Those disgusting magazines with the women are toilet paper for a society gone morally bankrupt, and out of touch with its spiritual side. Alive it the key to a better media and way of reading for everybody. And it's free to- cool!! :D
Don´t be confusing spirituality with religion - certainly not religion of the rule-book variety

davehiggz

Anything but Alive.

The first thing I do when it comes in my door is I scan for the Euro-scepticism. Laugh. Then Throw it in the recycling bin.

It's a nice monthly ritual I've built up. :D

I've also successfully got the newspaper banned from my local parish church. I saw a man in a wheelchair leave with one after mass and I felt so sorry. If he were to see the parts where they claim that the EU is going to impose euthanasia on Ireland then it's likely that he'd be very scared.

Almanac

Idiot troll at large.

The Caped Cod

Is 'hellhathno' another of Patrick Bateman's sockpuppets?

Bateman said he was effectively testing responses of people on this site by appearing with identities and making wild extreme claims. He did that as 'Patrick Bateman', then as 'Tompatrick' who replaced Bateman except for the odd reappearance of 'Patrick Bateman' to launch homophobic attacks. 'Tompatrick' disappeared and 'Hellhathno' appeared, with the same modus operandi

- taking extreme positions
- bombarding the site with provocative extreme threads
- the language and debating styles are the same.
- the spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes are the same.
- using an image of the 'Sacred Heart', and quoting from the extremist rag 'Alive!' are the sort of provocative things Bateman and his socks would do.

I smell a rat behind all of it. It looks like just another Bateman stunt to provoke, offend and annoy people to see what response he gets.
http://www.politics.ie/political-humour/81003-tom-patrick-bateman-says-bye-bye-again.html

10%of200

What is Mass? Link please.

I know O'Conaire wrote a ss called Mass'll bug you, was he right?

USER1234

Alive is the paper of the right wing extremist fringe of the church, even the church is keeping its distance from it!!!

MacO'velli

I like to start the sunday with the Irelands own, followed up by the Farmers Journal, and then by a nice dollop of Nuts or FHM, Then its sunday roast time!!.

USER1234

I like to start the sunday with the Irelands own, followed up by the Farmers Journal, and then by a nice dollop of Nuts or FHM, Then its sunday roast time!!.
I sed to read Irelands own when i was a kid at my grandparents, it had some good stuff!!!!

femmefatale

Alive is the paper of the right wing extremist fringe of the church, even the church is keeping its distance from it!!!
Have you seen it? It looks like something the local primary school kids produced. Hardly part of some ambitious fundamentalist conspiracy.

I still get the Ireland's Own occasionally. I love "Ms. Flanagan Investigates." That nosy old bag has been going for donkey's years. And "Stranger than Fiction" is good too. I hide it if anyone comes into my room though, and pick up the "Power of Now". I've read that book about 40 times and I'm still none the wiser. I've tried and tried but its no use. I'm always worrying about something. Ms. Flanagan makes me forget!

USER1234

Have you seen it? It looks like something the local primary school kids produced. Hardly part of some ambitious fundamentalist conspiracy.

I have seen it & read it and although it looks like something the local primary school kids produced, the stories are very nasty & fundamentalist!!!!

USER1234

Primary school kids these days are so unpleasant and radical!
I said it only looked liked it was something the local primary school kids produced, however the stuff inside is real nasty and fundamentalist!!!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies