Zerohours - Fianna Fail/Fine Gael, the two parties dedicated to EXPLOITATION of decent Irish working people! The SCUM!, The SCUM!, The SCUM!

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

Zerohours - Fianna Fail/Fine Gael, the two parties dedicated to EXPLOITATION of decent Irish working people! The SCUM!, The SCUM!, The SCUM!

Zero hours are a scandal, as much as a scandal as this broken union's youth unemployment....but just wait, just fkin wait until you see the bankrupt parties response to trying to fix this great economic injustice!

[video=youtube;Jx6leUNJqd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx6leUNJqd4[/video]

So much for FF looking after workers, they think that just as much that people who provide vital services should work zerohours, here we have FF looking after the same vested interests as FG.

This country......this fúckin country! :mad:

Fianna Fail: THE Republican BANKRUPTCY Party!

FunkyBoogaloo

Zero hours are a scandal, as much as a scandal as this broken union's youth unemployment....but just wait, just fkin wait until you see the bankrupt parties response to trying to fix this great economic injustice!

So much for FF looking after workers, they think that just as much that people who provide vital services should work zerohours, here we have FF looking after the same vested interests as FG.

Why so annoyed? This is obviously what the tweedles want (not unlike them to ape the old enemy) and, one must reasonably assume, almost 50% of those who voted in the recent GE for their respective parties.

These same people voted for bank bailouts, centralisation of power, attacking the most vulnerable in society since the crash, sacrificing another generation of young Irish people (in an effort to protect their own interests) and a whole raft of policies that would make a normally sane and moral person balk.

Now I am opposed utterly to zero hour contracts but it appears I'll be stuck with the incompetence and mismanagement my supposed peers foist upon me, again.

Don't say ye weren't warned though... the erosion of workers' rights was highlighted only a few years ago, especially during the Liesbon 1 & 2 campaigns. All with democratic approval it seems.

Don't get mad, get even.

Last edited:

Extra

The establishment have long had FF and FG bought and paid for and both parties encourage and approve of the race to the bottom. And yet the same establishment shills will moan and call people scroungers when they cant afford to pay the double taxation water charge, or the bin charges, or force them to have a licence to listen to their propaganda on RTE etc... Well what goes around comes around.

realistic1

One of the ways of protecting low paid workers is to make sure they vote.

Last edited:

PBP voter

SF aren't the answer. That's what the public are telling you.

Dame_Enda

FF promised to abolish them before the GE. Another broken promise.

Spanner Island

I'm surprised you're surprised by this tbh.

The eFFing traitors haven't changed and they will never change.

Irish people are far too tolerant of abysmal standards as well however... and can be a bit f***in' thick too... and seem to think those they continue to vote for and who continue to betray them are somehow going to change of their own accord some day... :roll:

saab900

Don't worry.

SF will be in power soon enough and pass a law to make it illegal to make an employee redundant. We'll have full employment overnight.

Roll_On

I had a zero hours contract when I was in college, working for a recruitment agency that provided catering staff for high end hotels during periods of high demand, conferences, award ceremonies, eid parties for the embassies of Islamic countries etc. The roles wouldn't have justified taking on additional permanent full time staff, so the agency would fill that gap, I got paid more than the regular hotel staff and it was handy work, I'd get a call asking me to work most weeks and I could accept or refuse if it didn't suit with no penalty.

So ultimately I think 0 hours contracts suit some people and they fill a gap in the market. The roles are not compulsory. They should not be banned. Only a tiny number of people are on 0 hours and the proportion of underemployed people is dwindling.

The desire to ban these things outright is just ignorant shinner fantasy.

realistic1

Don't worry.

SF will be in power soon enough and pass a law to make it illegal to make an employee redundant. We'll have full employment overnight.
Not a major fan of SF, but there is a race to the bottom with low paid work and it will spread up the chain if not tackled now.

realistic1

Don't worry.

Not a major fan of SF, but there is a race to the bottom with low paid work and it will spread up the chain if not tackled now.

Roll_On

What evidence do you have for this? I'm just asking out of curiosity because my impression is that things are going the opposite way. We know employment is up, part time employment as a % of employment is down, under employment is down, average wages are up(which is startling because in a recovering economy with strong employment growth one would assume that the average wage would be dragged down by new employees starting on comparatively low salaries), min wage has increased twice in 5 years. All these
point to improving working conditions, which may be inflationary.

PBP voter

If anybody can do your job eg call centre worker don't expect a good wage. It's profit before people.

Lúidín

If anybody can do your job eg call centre worker don't expect a good wage. It's profit before people.
Yes and the only way to resist is for the greatest unity of all who oppose the system. Sniping at allies is playing the exploiters' game.

As FF and FG demonstrate, unity is strength and that is how they are able to push down to extract the greatest amount of profit for themselves.

Dynamo

such a pity the likes of PBP would rather splinter the left - unless its on THIER terms.

Divide and conquer has long served the vested interest parties.

Dynamo

Shinnerbot hails his heros. Aw, cute.
...yep, sure what would a long standing trade Union official know about employee rights :roll: she is a 'Shinner' so therefore wrong in the eyes of the FF/FG camp followers

Spanner Island

I had a zero hours contract when I was in college, working for a recruitment agency that provided catering staff for high end hotels during periods of high demand, conferences, award ceremonies, eid parties for the embassies of Islamic countries etc. The roles wouldn't have justified taking on additional permanent full time staff, so the agency would fill that gap, I got paid more than the regular hotel staff and it was handy work, I'd get a call asking me to work most weeks and I could accept or refuse if it didn't suit with no penalty.

So ultimately I think 0 hours contracts suit some people and they fill a gap in the market. The roles are not compulsory. They should not be banned. Only a tiny number of people are on 0 hours and the proportion of underemployed people is dwindling.

Yep... there's a lot of blanket condemnation of things these days without any attention to nuance or detail..

Broad brush stroke sloganeering and bullsh!t designed to rile those who can't be arsed thinking for themselves.

Having said that... the eFFing traitors haven't changed and will never change... and those who think they will and who vote for them in the hope that they will are deluded.

And those who vote for them hoping they'll never change are even worse.

Lúidín

Henry94.

You can see the difference, I'd hope, between doing a job while at college and depending on a job to feed a family.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies